My Birthday

Today is my birthday. I was super excited but, I didn't want to celebrate at all. I couldn't see Calum, but I had to go to school. He's gonna be there and it's gonna be awkward. I hadn't spoken to Calum for a week. I haven't answered any of his text mostly because my Dad has my phone. Everytime Cal called my Dad would put the phone on mute or answer and hang up. He deleted all of Calum's voicemails. Calum even tries to come over but, my Dad would tell him that I'm not here.

Some days I would look out my window and see him. I waved and he would wave back. My Mom doesn't agree with My Dad's method. She always tell him that he could have done something else instead of going about it the way he did. I wasn't ever gonna make reckless decisions but, I guess I'm just gonna have to.

Later in the parking lot...

"Here's your phone. I love you." My Dad said

"Yeah, yeah." I said as I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. I went inside and got to my locker.

"Happy Birthday!" Amanda said

"Thanks." I said as I was getting my books.

"Someone's not in a happy-go-lucky mood." She said

"Yeah, I just don't wanna celebrate."

"Why Sky?" She asked

"Because my Dad doesn't want me too see Cal and I really miss him."

"I think I could fix that." She said smiling.

"Mandy no."

"Party at my House." She said

"No."

"Come on. It would be like a surprise party even though you know. And if you don't go home you can tell your dad you stayed over." She said.

"OK." I said as she walked the hallways telling everyone she was throwing me a surprise party. Then someone covered my eyes.

"Guess who Sky?" Luke said

"Luke. Hey long time no talk. How's everyone?"

"Everyone's good. By the way Happy Birthday." He said as he handed me a gift wrapped in baby blue.

"Luke you shouldn't have."

"I didn't. That's not my favorite color. Have fun guessing who gave it to you." He said walking away."Oh and by the way we'll see you later."

Then I remembered. Cal's favorite color is baby blue. I sat a lunch table outside and opened it. It was beautiful, it was another necklace. I was a locket and I opened it. It was a picture of me laughing on the right side and a picture of Cal on the other. There was a note at the bottom of the box. It says:

Happy Birthday babe. I wish you the best. I can't wait to wrap my arms around you, hug you and kiss you. Tell you how beautiful you are. I want you to know that no matter what your Dad does it will never change my feelings for you.
I love you baby. - Cal