"Wait like in the mid-"

"No, no. But he saw him leave my room," You place your head in your hands. "God this sucks."

"Well, you guys weren't together anymore, right?" You both look up as Hotch shoots a small glare your way. His eyes dart between you and Spence before looking back down at his phone. You give Reid a look that tells him to quiet down.

"Yeah, that was abundantly clear. I mean we never even established we were exclusive in the first place," You scoff and roll your eyes briefly. "He could've been sleeping with other girls for all I know."

Reid smiles and shakes his head, "You know he wasn't."

"You know I really hate you sometimes. Can you just be on my side for once?" You tease and nudge him. Reid's laugh is bright and causes a smile to spread across your face as well. As you and Reid laugh together, Hotch's eyes are on you once again.

"I am on your side," He chuckles, "You can sleep with whoever you want. He has no right to that information now," He pauses, quirking up at brow at you, "Did that sound supportive and friendly? Is that what you want to hear?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"I need to stop encouraging you," Reid smirks as the whole team piles into the two SUVs making their way back to the station.

——

"It's looking more and more like a team with every detail we uncover," JJ sighs and pins another picture up of the board, "So who would this guy want to partner with?"

"He doesn't profile like someone who would work with a partner," You rub your eyes, the bright lights intensifying the pounding in your head every minute.

"What do you mean?" Morgan walks over and leans on the back of the chair next to you.

"I mean look at him," You pull out the file on the unsub you arrested earlier in the night. "He feels so inferior, so submissive in his daily life. Why would he want to carry out his fantasies in another subservient position? He would want dominance, right?"

"So maybe the partner is the submissive one. He's acting out. He finally gets to take control." Prentiss fills in the gaps in your logic.

"That's why this kill is a little different. The cuts and slashes are much more hesitant on this most recent body." Reid trails his finger over the photographs from the crime scene.

"So our original unsub was training someone." Hotch has one arm cross across his chest and another hand up by his face, rubbing his fingers together.

"That's what it's looking like." You agree with Hotch but don't meet his eye line.

"So what do we have to go on?" Rossi jots down a few notes on a scrap piece of paper before scanning around the room at all of you.

"He has to be younger. Maybe a former student of his?" JJ starts.

"Ok, so a male student. Probably in his 20s to early 30s," Rossi nods.

"Garcia," Hotch reaches forward and turns on the intercom, patching Garcia into the meeting.

"Here, with my fingers at the ready, sir," You can hear Garcia speaking through a yawn. The whole team has been working through the night, no one got any sleep and they probably called Garcia back into the BAU just when she was settling into bed.

"We're looking for a previous student of our unsub. He would have a history of inappropriate behavior with classmates," Reid interjects, "He would've also had problems with authority. Multiple disciplinary hearings, suspensions, detention, academic probation."