Means Vs. End

"Morning, Akutagawa!", Atsushi beamed and cocked his head to the right.
"Good morning", the other responded, trying to ignore the memory of the last night.
"You're wearing Rashomon?"
Actually, he'd slept in it. He had wrapped its black material around his body like a cover, in hope of finding warmth and comfort. Okay, to be exact... he hadn't slept in it... He hadn't slept at all...
"Is that unusual?"
"No... I just like you in normal clothes!"
"You...!"
What are you saying, you stupid man-tiger? Don't you know that I can't stand this?
"Akutagawa?", the boy asked. The smile on his lips had disappeared, but his eyes were still shining.
"What?"
"Will you kill me?"
"Yes", the older lied. He knew that he was already way to attached to these annoying, bright eyes to steal their light. He would never be able to do what he'd sworn, but he could at least pretend to want it...
"So you hate me?"
No, Atsushi. Of course, I don't. Who could hate you? Not me, unfortunately. Though I still want to strangle you to death, for the mere reason that I'd miss you if I did...
"What do you expect?"
"So you do?"
"Yes!"
"Then who brought me to bed last night?"

Akutagawa's shoulders stiffened.

I did...

It had looked far less affectionate than it sounded in hindsight, but he'd done it, nonetheless, and he'd tried his best. At first, he'd pulled on the were-tiger's arm, just to realise that he wasn't strong enough to lift and carry him like that. After dragging him out of the car, he'd come to terms with the fact that he was too weak keep trying and decided to use his ability. With a frown as deep as his loathing for dogs he summoned Rashomon and let it pick the sleeping boy up off the floor.
He remembered thinking that Atsushi must have a remarkably deep sleep, something he simultaneously admired and pitied him for. On one hand, he must feel incredibly relaxed upon waking up, on the other hand, he could be murdered in his sleep, he'd never wake up from someone walking up to him... thus giving him no opportunity to defend himself.
When he'd finally dropped him off in a hotel room and covered him half-heartedly, he'd turned around and left without looking back. Just to spend the rest of the night contemplating what he'd done.
Should he have left him on the floor? Should he have covered him properly? Should he have forced the policeman to keep driving and stayed in the car all night?

"Dunno", he muttered angrily.
"You know...", the younger of the two said playfully, knowing that this was a lie.
"Dazai-san told me to always be honest!~"
("You know what, Atsushi-kun? Never, like, NEVER lie.")
Akutagawa didn't know that his words were actually true, and he couldn't imagine that man saying something like this. It's not like his mentor was honest himself.
"Sure", he mocked.
"He did!", Atsushi insisted and started laughing. After a few seconds of not getting a reply, he spoke again.
"Do you know where the officer from yesterday is?"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Soukoku

"Stop laughing already", Dazai whined, curled up on the bed with a pillow. Chuuya covered his mouth, but kept giggling at the other.
They'd shared a soft, intimate moment just a minute ago. Holding on to each other, the former detective's fingers entangled in the silky-smooth locks of his partner who planted slow, gentle kisses on his lip, chin, neck, collarbone...
It had felt very... soft. In fact, so soft and innocent, that Dazai had been taken a little aback and become completely flustered at getting turned on. How horrible of his body to betray him like this, to react to this display of affection in a way that was anything but appropriate...
Chuuya, however, was genuinely amused. He didn't mind that Dazai had gotten hard - Why would he? - and his reaction was funny and cute. It's not every day that you see the great Dazai Osamu blushing furiously and hiding away... He was glad to be close enough to the bandaged nuisance to witness something like that.