Quick Departure

Sunlight invaded the room, gently asking Dazai to wake up. Curious as to where he was, he granted its request.
The first thing he saw was a certain redhead in his arms, assuring him that the latest events hadn't merely been a dream.
He couldn't help but smile at the other's relaxed and almost childlike face. Chuuya looked so peaceful in his sleep, he just couldn't wake him up. So he watched him instead.
He looked so small compared to Dazai himself, 'Chibi' was sooner a description than an insult.
His delicate, gloved hands were placed in front of his chest, just like a baby's, and his head was snuggled up into the taller one's chest.
Dazai stroked his back gently. It was like he belonged right there, between his arms, save and warm.
He felt happy, but this lovely scene also had a bittersweet taste to it. He did have a plan, but what if the other didn't want to play along? He knew how much his partner hated betrayal...
But if he wouldn't...
The bandaged man knew the Port Mafia's ways. He himself would probably be tortured to death for the treason if they got a hold of him, while the one next to him...
Would end up with a smashed jaw and three bullets in his chest.
He tried hard not to imagine it, but holding that fragile human being in his arms didn't make it easier.
Oh, Chuuya. Why'd you help me, huh?
With a deep, worried frown, he took his hands off the sleeping beauty and got up, throwing his dark thoughts aside to make space for more useful ones.
So, what can I do now?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chuuya was awoken by a strange smell forcefully filling his nostrils.
Dazai.
His brain automatically accused the one he'd seen last before falling asleep, he couldn't help it. But he wasn't even wrong here...
Half awake, he tried to figure out what the smell was.
...Smoke!
Quickly opening his eyes, he jumped out of bed and hurried over to the kitchenette.
"Dazai, what are you-"
"Sorry, I don't have time for this now!"
The brunette looked quiet harassed, stirring in a pot, cutting vegetables, and somehow trying to stop his rice from boiling over.
The ginger was baffled at first, but then he just went closer to the stove and took the lid off the boiling grains.
"Thank you. By the way, good morning, Chibi!"
He watched the water calming down in the pot, then looked up at the man gazing at him from the corner of his eye with a soft smile while rummaging in the drawer.
"Morning, shitty Dazai. So, what are you trying to do?"
A sigh escaped the bandaged freak's lips before he explained:
"Well, I was trying to prepare breakfast, but you know..."
"Yes, I know. You can't cook."
"Meh."
Why did you even try it?
Without saying his question out loud, Chuuya started 'helping'.
(Actually, he was the only one cooking. Dazai was absolutely useless in the kitchen.)
After a while, they could finally sit down at the table, the taller one low key frustrated. How hard could it be to prepare a dish that was classified as 'easy' ? Too hard for him, obviously, regrettably...
He'd wanted to surprise the ginger, but he reckoned if he wanted to relieve him from cooking, they'd have to go to a restaurant.
Anyways, it was time to eat now. The home-made dish was a welcome change for the confirmed bachelor who was used to eating either fast food in restaurants or instant food alone in his tiny 'apartment'.
A smile appeared on his lips, all on itself.
"Enjoy your meal!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Dazai, what are you going to do now. I mean... What will happen next?"
They were sitting on the couch now, a small gap between them.
"Next? Hmm. I'll have to leave Yokohama, I guess. And, you know, actually..."
He looked into saddened cerulean eyes. Still, he tried not to raise his hopes. Maybe Chuuya was a little sad about having to say goodbye, yes, but how much could he mean to him?
He'd been called the 'demon prodigy' for a reason, and even a woman who hadn't known him back then had affirmed that his blood was black.
He'd done many very cruel things, and his partner knew about this. How should anybody be able to like him, after being so heartless? It's not like he'd treated the Chibi that well, either. And yet, here they were...
He had to try it...
"I think it would be best if you did the same. What I'm trying to say is, would you come with me?"
This was way too much for Chuuya. Leaving with him...?
"But I can't just-"
"You can't stay here."
He knew that Dazai was right.
He had warned the Mafia's target.
They were probably already suspecting him as the brunette's former partner, and the phone call would be evidence enough. They would kill him if he stayed. And-
Wasn't going with him exactly what he wanted? He wouldn't lose him this time. He wouldn't be left behind. So, why not, now that he couldn't stay with his organisation, anyway.
"Fine, I'll... I'll come along."
This was... surprising. And...
"Very well! But why would you?~"
Dazai had to know if there was really a reason why the redhead was doing this, letting him hold his hands, saving him, following him now.
The look in the latter's eyes was speaking for itself, to be honest. Chuuya had never been particularly good at denying things...
"I- We are partners, right?"
"Yes, we are", the tall male said with a merry smile, proceeding to lean towards the other. He towered above the Chibi, already giving him an idea of what's to come.
"But is that all, Chuuya?~", he wispered, one hand wandering up the older one's side ever so gently.
The ginger decided to be brave as he felt the warmth of his touch. He looked into orbs of brown and love and answered in a steady voice:
"No, it's not."