I didn't go home cause my mom knew i had a game and i didn't go to me grandma

I just drove around i bought some food and then i drove to the piers to watch the water

"Hey" a lady said taking a seat

"Hey" i told her

"What are you doing here?" She asked me

"I like the water it calms me down"

"Same i have 3 triplets and there 8 and there bad and stress me out so i left them with their dad and came here"

"I don't have kids I'm just 17 but i know where you coming from, you just need a break"

"Your 17 shouldn't you be in school?"

"I leave early" i said

"Well what's wrong"

"I cheated on a girl that i love and she doesn't know that but she's mad cause she doesn't want me spending time with the girl. She left me and i asked her to come to my first football game and she said no and now i don't want to go to the game"

"You gotta go if she cares she'll show up just cause you asked her too"

"I'll think about it"

"Well you already ate now you just gotta get your ass down there"

I laughed "maybe if you put them kids to sleep you wouldn't be here neither"

"I mean that's only half the reason... I'm starting a new job on Monday and I'm scared out my mind"

"What's your job?"

"Guidance councilor at JQA high" she said

"Oh i go there"

"Really what's your name?"

"Rodney Carter"

"Um I've been hearing bout the students, wait let me see. Umm football player, B C average. And you get sent to the office a whole bunch"

I laughed and she did too

"I'm playin but yea i heard of you"

"I hope I'm not as bad as they made me out to be"

"Maybe they made you out like that cause they don't know you"

"Please don't try to council me" i said laughing

She laughed "okay, but we need you at this game. I'll leave if you leave"

I got up and helped her up "it was nice meeting you-"

"Miss Rosie" she said

"Miss Rosie"

"You too Rodney"

I got to my car and drove to school

After i was charged and dressed went to the field

This was like 30 before the game so they was just on the Field relaxing.

"Hey coach sorry I'm late"

"Sorry your late? The game starts in 30 you was supposed to b here an hour again you had like 3 people come to me talkin bout you bein disrespect. What the fuck Rodney you must be out your damn mind you shoulda stayed your ass home"