Tuesday 4th December [Marinette]

Comincia dall'inizio

Giggling at his stares she decided to do a little spin in front of him causing him to laugh.

"You look wonderful! Your hair really suits you long."

"Thanks," Marinette responded, "I didn't get chance to cut it whilst I was away so I just let it grow, I'm quite fond of it." She let out a laugh, everything was so easy and comfortable around Luka. Even after the time gap.

"Have you still got the same number? Perhaps we can hang out sometime and catch up?"

"Actually, I lost my phone, but I do have a new one. Here." She pulled out her phone and handed it over to Luka so he could input his own number in. She could feel her smile expanding, perhaps she'd missed Luka more than I'd thought.

"Drop me a text Mari, and we'll go for dinner or something."

"Sounds great. Well I best be going." Stepping forward again she gave him another tight embrace. "I'll text you later."

"I'll look forward to it."

His heart melting smile kept her attention as she continued to walk.

Oh Luka! What are you doing to my poor heart?

Another fifteen minutes of walking and finally Marinette had made it to Alya's apartment. Taking a deep breath she steadied her nerves. This was not going to go well. She could already tell. Marinette was scared, she had pretty much abandoned her with no word and not just as Marinette, but as Ladybug too. With one more deep steadying breath, she was ready to meet her fate.

Making her way to Alya's parents door, Marinette noticed all the Christmas decorations lining the hallways. She always loved this time of year.

Finally stopping outside the chosen door she knocked five times in her signature way. Herself and Alya always had matching knocks; different ones for different occasions too.

The door opened to reveal ...

"Alya?"

She was wearing sweats and looked ... big. Like huge. What the hell had happened whilst Marinette was away? Alya looked rough, as though she'd not slept in weeks, and her eyes were rimmed with red. Had she been crying?

The two girls stood staring at each other for a number of minutes. Marinette wasn't entirely sure if she was going to be slapped, or have the door slammed in her face. What took her by surprise was Alya's actual reaction. She dived into her best friends arms and cried.

"Hey, Alya honey. Calm down. What's wrong?"

Pushing Alya backwards into her parents apartment, Marinette closed the door. The apartment was quiet, she guessed Alya's parents and sisters were out at work and school retrospectively.

"Mari, I can't ... I don't ..." Alya was chocking on her words as she tried to speak. Marinette was struggling to stop her own tears from spilling from her eyes. She'd done this ... this was her own stupid fault.

"I am so sorry. This is all my fault!"

"Don't you dare say that Mari! You had no choice in the matter? You had to leave!"

"W-W-what? How do you? What?"

"I know your Ladybug. I figured it out when you both disappeared. I'm just so glad you're back. I need you so much."

"Come and sit down and I'll make us a drink. What would you like?" She walked Alya deeper into the room and seated her to on the sofa before making the short distance to the kitchen.

"A hot chocolate with a slice of lemon." Turning around sharply, Marinette glared at her friend, raising her eyebrows.

"What are you? Pregnant?" Suddenly Alya crumbled down again into tears.