6. Eyes Like a Swamp

Start from the beginning

"I did. He wouldn't answer and changed the subject." I hang a wrench up and Adonis gets off the bench.

"I'm craving apples all of a sudden," Adonis mutters.

I glance over at him with a small smile. "Oh no, did you just imagine an apple and then smell only to have a craving. I'm already rubbing off on you."

He mumbles something under his breath that I can't hear. He goes back to clean the car part and as I'm about to tease him more some guys come barging in.

"Yo, Adonis. Who's racing tonight and you better have put me on the roster?" A big teddy bear guy with eyes the color of nutmeg asks.

"You're in and you're racing against Bricks," Adonis says while he puts the piece he just cleaned back on.

Teddy Bear whacks Adonis on the back with his big paw, but Adonis doesn't seem phased at all. Probably because he's bigger in terms of muscle. Mr. Teddy Bear has a little bit more around the belly.

"It's going to be tough for you tonight, Ducky. This guy's good." Adonis wipes his hand once again but pauses when the door's bell rings and his multicolored eyes catch on to the bombshell redhead strolling through. She flicks her long silky locks over to the side effortlessly and her perfectly loose curls bounce along with her walk.

Her lips are big and red and her eyes are such a deep brown, they're almost look black. She wears a black turtleneck with a high-waisted skirt that shows off her killer legs and long high heeled boots. She's the epitome of curvaceous beauty.

"Why, hello, my adorable little Scarface." She stops in front of Adonis and kisses his scarred cheek leaving a perfect smooch mark on it. My heart drops all the way past my stomach into my butt.

Behind her strolls Nova who looks bored. "Hey Nova." Everyone's attention snaps over to me. He looks up and gives me that weird nod guys do. "Hey, Mini Muffin."

"Who is this little stray you picked up? Is this her car you're working on my darling?" She's a fast talker and her voice reminds me of an anchor woman. She snakes her arm around his and flicks her hair back once again looking like she belongs in an ad. Her territory has been marked.

"Cutest little stray I've ever seen. Why what's your name, little kitten?" Teddy bear guy asks as he makes his way over to me. He puts both his arms on either side of me, trapping me and my alert systems go off. "Names Ducky."

"Teddy Bear seems more accurate to me," I say wide eyed and innocently.

"I'll be your Teddy Bear any day and time. Just call and I'll come snuggling."

I can't help but bust out laughing, which is what Ducky must've wanted. He goes to touch me but Adonis somehow outmaneuvers him and easily gets between us. "Down Duck. It's TreeTrunk's long lost daughter and Ace's twin. Tater Tot, Ducky. Ducky, Tater Tot."

"Shut up!" Ducky booms having no problem with being cut off by Adonis. "For twins you don't look all that much alike."

I poke my head around Adonis. "We're fraternal."

"Why does she have to be so cute. She's exactly my type, man."

Adonis hits Ducky's chest making sure to not touch his cut. "Back down."

"Yeah, yeah I got it." Ducky waves.

Heels hitting the concrete with purpose makes its way to me. Adonis touches the girl's shoulder squeezing it. "Down Dana, no need to bring out the claws."

"No claws needed, my muffin. Just as long as she knows her place," she remarks, tilting her head with a condescending smile.

"Well, you're fun," I say, lifting my brow for effect.