Monstercat 005: Evolution

"Monstercat, we're gonna be needing some food soon." It was the day after the night when Fiji told the story of how the Music Industry took over. "We need you to go catch some fish for us." He turned around, and handed Monstercat a fishing rod and a tacklebox. Monstercat refused them.

"Ehhh, who needs those?" Tristam glared at him irratebly. "Unless you plan on catching them all with your bare hands, you do." Monstercat glared, well tried to glare back, which was difficult, seeing that it didn't have any eyes. "Just gimme a net and I'll get you your fish, cool?" "Fine. But you'd better have al least ten fish before sunset. Got it?"

Monstercat hadn't heard the last part. He had already grabbed the net, and dashed off. Tristam sighed exasperatedly, then walked back towards the camp.

Monstercat rushed through the forest, leaping over fallen trees and dashing through the bracken. "Hey! Watch where you're going there!" a tiny voice squeaked. Monstercat looked down to see a pixelated red heart. "And who might you be?" "I'm Pegboard Nerds!" it sqeaked indignantly. "And who are you, you big fat oaf?" "I'm Monstercat. Are you an electronic artist?"

"Duh! Who around here isn't? Hey, what are you doing around here?" Monstercat thought about his predicament. He could walk Pegboard Nerds back to the camp, and have Tristam yell at him, or he could take him with him, and have Pegboard Nerds get in the way. Neither was a good option.

"Hey? Aren't you going to answer me?" Monstercat scratched some quick calculations in the dirt, then picked up Pegboard Nerds. "Hey what do you think you're--wait, NONONONONONONONO!!!!!" Monstercat hurled Pegboard Nerds all the way back to camp in a single throw.

Picking up the net once more, Monstercat continued walking until he found the river near camp. Placing the net between two fallen trees, Monstercat dove into the stream. Sighting a fish, he swam quickly after it. One slash of his razor sharp(get it?) claws, and me emerged above the water holding his prize.

Monstercat repeated his tactic until he had plenty of fish, moving upstream as he went along. Then, on fish No.67, something caught his eye. It was a bridge, leading across the water. Monstercat didn't know it, but the bridge led to Vancouver, which he could barely make out. It was unguarded, and that was the best part. A plan began to form in his mind as he walked back to camp with his catch.