Monstercat 007 - Solace: Part 2

The city of Vancouver was okay, by Monstercat's standards. He was rather surprised that the police wern't after them, but he wasn't going to complain. Currently, he was sitting alone on a hill, watching a pop band play in front of a large cheering audience. It would've looked a little nicer without the Music Industry cars and officers, who didn't seem to be doing anything.

That's when Monstercat got a idea, this time one that didn't involve terrorizing a highway.

He had located the chip that was playing the music behing the singing, which was drowning out everything else. Monstercat slipped back to his friends, swiped a spare chip, and went back to where he was sitting. Holding the chip like a throwing star, he took aim. A perk of being an alien was that he had a few skills that were inacessable to most, if not all, humans, like the ability to take a 24 hour nap, clear off an entire table of sushi, or throw a tiny chip into a slot already occupied by another tiny chip from around 50 yards away.

Monstercat's arm went back, and hurled the chip forward. The tiny thing whirled through the air, and slammed into the other chip, and bounced away.

The other chip popped out of the socket, and Monstercat's chip bounced back into the slot, and began playing 'Disconnected'. Unfortunately, his friends noticed the change in tune. Tristam walked up behind him.

"I'm pretty sure that you've just gotten us all banished again." Monstercat didn't seem too concerned. "Nahh, they don't know it was me." Rogue sighed. "You did just ruin their concert though, so yeah. You know. I don't think that they'll appreciate that."

"Well, the audience seems to," Stephen Walking commented. It was true, as the audience seemed to be perfectly happy with the change in music. "Although the singer and the cops do not." That was also true, as the singer had angrily stormed offstage, and the police were struggling through the crowd, and looking for any signs of electronic artists.

"I think it's time that we make ourselves scarce," Varien suggested, in his usual dark tone. "Good idea. I left GQ with the others, they should be fine" Rogue said. And with that, the five of them turned away from the turmoil, and headed back to the truck.

As they drove off, Tristam turned to their feline companion. "Hey, MCat." "MCat?" "Your new nickname. Question: What was that all about? Changing the music and all?" Monstercat was silent for a few moments. "A warning, you could say. A sign, omen, whatever you want to call it." "An omen/sign/warning of what?" "Well, it's just to let them know that we are back in town, baby!"

There was an awkward silence.

"'Baby'? Seriously?" GQ said.