Monstercat 010 - Conquest: Part 1

Monstercat was walking down a sandstone passageway flanked by guards towards a huge metal gate. Rogue was with him for some reason, except his sword was unsheathed, and his expression indicated a much more serious setting.

Monstercat could hear the cheers of the crowd, and wondered if they were going to do a live DJ set, or performance, or something. Then again, if that was the case, what were all the guards for? And why was there a huge metal gate at the end of the tunnel? These questions flooded Monstercat's head as the exit to the tunnel grew closer.

They stopped right at the exit to the gate, before it opened. Monstercat and Rogue walked out into the stadium, with the cheers of the crowd roaring in his ears. He looked around, and saw some of his friends, but unlike the rest of the people, who looked almost triumphant and jubilant, they looked horrified and grim.

Then Monstercat noticed that he was slightly different than what he had been. Instead of being on the small side, he was about as big as a lion. And speaking of lions....

Six of the most ferocious creatures Monstercat had ever seen were trapped behind three gates on the other side, two in the east gate, two in the west gate, and two in the north gate.

So,, they want me and Rogue to fight these things. Huh.

Monstercat had no idea why they wanted him to fight six hungry lions, but it seemed that he didn't have much choice. The arena seats were filled with archers, ready to kill them if necessary. There was a huge red shade that hung above the arena, and kept everything shady, for the most part.

The other three gates slowly beagn to slide open, and Monstercat felt Rogue getting onto his back. Rogue got comftorable, and both of them waited for some kind of a signal.

That signal came in the form of a loud trumpet, and the crowds' roar was deafening. Six enormous hungry creatures rushed towards him. Monstercat tensed, before jumping. One of the lions reared upwards to try and claw him. Monstercat saw the attack coming on, and did his best to dodge.

There was no need. Rogue's sword impaled the creature's head, and it fell to the arena floor. The crowd cheered.

Monstercat flexed his limbs, before charging back into the fray. He clawed one lion to death, and Rogue decapitated another with a few deadly strokes of his sword. The two of them turned to face the last three lions.

Rogue pulled his sheild off his shoulder, while Monstercat looked up, noticing Muzzy and Tristam in particular cheering him and Rogue on. A lion came it him from Rogue's left, the part undefended by the sheild, whie another approached from his right, and the last approached from the front.

Monstercat clawed the one in the front to death, and Rogue took care of the one on his left. The one from the right tried a swipe, but it glanced off Rogue's sheild. It had only a second to realize its' mistake before both the sword and Monstercat's claws ended its' life.

The crowd went into ectasies, as everything faded into black.

Monstercat woke up from his dream, and rolled out of bed. He had a revolution to plan.