4│Life Goes On

Start bij het begin

The three of them started to leave the beach, wanting to get back to the studio. They had just met Julie, but they already wanted to tell her what happened today and how they met another ghost. But they all stopped when they saw a poster hanging on the post beside the sidewalk. It had a picture of a girl that looked a lot like Rosalie with the words "Missing" in big red letters. The three guys shared a look, knowing that they didn't know the whole truth about Rosalie.

Alex seemed to be the only one who put it all together. How she went missing ten years ago, and her body was just now found. He figured she had been murdered. He shuddered at the thought, wishing desperately that he was wrong.

"That's Rosie!" Luke said as he pointed at the picture on the poster. The other two guys stared at him, weirdly, "What?"

"You already gave her a nickname? You've known her for like five minutes!" Alex said.

Luke shrugged his shoulders, "Well, yeah, but at least I didn't cry for twenty-five years."

Reggie looked between them and then back to Alex, "Luke's got a good point."

Alex shook his head, "What does that even have to do with anything?"

Luke was fixing to answer when Reggie spoke up, "Who cares, come one, let's go tell Julie we made a new friend." He said excitedly.

"Okay, just because we meet another ghost doesn't make her our friend, and besides, she was trying to get rid of us the whole time," Alex said, but she followed his friend back to the studio.

The three of them appeared in the studio shortly after and saw Julie finishing up a song that she had been playing. Each one of them held a look of shock on their face as they listened to the last bit of the song. They now know that Julie had lied to them, but they could also understand why. Alex reached out to give Julie a hug as well but was quickly stopped by Luke. Being as quiet as possible, Luke gave Alex a look, and the three of the poofed out of the studio and stood outside the doors.

Once they were outside of the garage, Alex turns to Luke, annoyed, "Dude, why'd you stop me? " He asked. "Julie needs a hug."

Luke stared at the door to the garage, then turned back to Alex, "Bro, a ghost hug isn't the feel-good moment you think it is alright." Luke says as he adjusts his sleeveless hoodie on his shoulders, "Trust me. What Julie needs right now is a bit of privacy."

"You know what? I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when other people cry." Alex accused him. "I should know. I cried in a room for twenty-five years and didn't get a single hug from either of you." He said as he pointed a finger and both Luke and Reggie.

Reggie, who had been quiet this whole time, reached out his arms, "All right. Bring it in." He said as he went in to give Alex a hug.

Alex stood facing Luke and turned around a little and held up his hand, "Don't touch me!"

Reggie stopped and whispered softly to himself, "This is why no one hugs you."

Luke looked between the two of them, "Okay." He spoke slowly, bringing the attention back to him. "I think the first thing we should do, once we get the courage to go in there, is ask Julie why she lied about playing the piano."

His friends nodded their heads, "Yeah, you know, maybe tell her how amazing she is." Alex agreed.

"She's legit. I got ghost bumps." Reggie said, and then he held up his arm from the others to see.

Before the other guys could respond to him, a girl walked past them while crying, making them all stop talking and stare at her as she went into the garage where Julie is. "On my gosh. Was she crying too?" Alex asked.