6 - Monster Fighting

This wasn't how it was meant to go. Really.

Arc was groaning, he really badly wanted to bang his head against a rock. Having his back pressed against a boulder and weird-looking monsters surrounding was not pleasant.

"Uh... Maybe this isn't that bad?" Ciara chuckled awkwardly from where she was beside him.

"Not that bad? Not that bad!" Arc shouted, "Oh look, another monster who's fighting another monster, who's fighting another monster, and they all want us dead!"

At the loud noise, the monsters turned to focus on the pair, growling. They looked like werewolves but had no human features. They were basically wolves standing on hind legs with large claws and gleaming red eyes. They all had fur colours of grey, black, white, and even a misty blue. Four of the strange creatures surrounded them.

"I don't think all of them want us dead," Ciara said as she tried to be optimistic.

"Yes, I think they all want us dead." The monsters snarled and growled, making Arc's point. "This is what I get for following you!"

"Okay, enough bickering. Let's fight these things!" Ciara was ready to draw her sword, though Arc was the opposite.

"We can't fight these things! They'll tear us apart. What we do need is a distraction so we can slip past them."

Arc did not want to be torn apart. Ciara, however, gave him a look. He didn't even know what the look was. She seemed annoyed with him, slightly disappointed, and even amused. He was baffled by her.

Pulling out her sword Ciara looked him in the eyes, "Chicken!"

She ran straight ahead, between the monsters. They were slightly confused at their prey's sudden movements. One monster quickly ran into action and began to chase. Ciara spun around as the creature slashed its claws at her, she held up her sword, the monster's claws getting caught, and she pushed it away.

Arc grumbled before drawing his own sword. The sound alerted two of the monsters, one seemed to flick its tail towards Ciara and one monster ran off towards her. Yay. One on two.

Arc ducked a swing from one of the werewolf creatures who growled. The second one ran forward with claws outstretched; Arc dodged to the side with wide eyes. I'm going to die.

He held his sword tighter, pointing it towards the larger creature of the pair as a warning. The monster tried to grab the word with its paw but Arc slashed the sword into its paw. Blood welled from the cut as the creature howled in pain.

After seeing its fellow in pain, the other monster growled. It narrowed its eyes and bared its teeth, showcasing its gleaming fangs. Arc held his sword closer, ready to move, and a look of determination climbing onto his face.

"Come and get me if you dare!" Arc shouted as he jumped onto smaller rocks beside the boulder. Climbing onto the boulder in a hurry, the creature narrowly missed him. He saw Ciara continuing to fight off the two creatures attacking her. He watched her swift movements as she fought.

He had one of his attackers trying to scramble up the boulder, its long claws not helping as they kept scraping on the smooth rock. The other attacker was now staring at Arc with hatred in its eyes. Its paw was dripping blood and it's fur bristled.

Arc let out a cocky laugh as he flipped off the boulder and onto the ground. The creature that had been climbing the rock was still trying, letting out growls of frustration when it saw Arc jump off. The monster on the ground charged at Arc with one arm held forward, ready to lash out.

He noticed the injured paw was being held at its side uselessly. He quickly ran out of the way, hoping that the creature wouldn't be able to spin around to catch him. He was wrong. The creature was able to turn and run straight back at him.