Chapter One: It can't be..

Start from the beginning

“Don’t tempt me,” he smiled pulling his guitar strap over his head.

“Okay, any requests?” He asked me after setting himself comfortably on the bed next to me.

“Nope,” I replied honestly.

“Okay” he said then paused for a moment before he started playing.

I immediately recognised the song. It was everything by Life House.  It was the song that we shared our first kiss to. It took everything for me to stop myself from letting the emotion of it all overwhelm me. We had been dating for two years now and I didn’t think he remembered it because we hadn’t heard it in awhile. He maintained eye contact with me throughout the song and kissed me when he finished.

“You mean the world to me” I whispered after our kiss.

“You are my world” he whispered back leaning in for another kiss.

“Michael. I need help with my homework” yelled Michael’s little sister, Jade.

Michael cursed. I laughed and pulled away. “He’ll be right there Jade” I informed her before giving Michael a quick peck on the lips.

“You’re leaving?” He asked me quietly.

“Yep, your little sister needs your help and I need to go and cook lunch. It’s almost twelve o’clock.” I said looking at my phone for the time.

“I don’t want you to go.” He pouted.

“I don’t want to go either, but at least it’s only for a couple of hours. I’ll see you later at six at your show, okay?” I replied getting my stuff.

“If you have to go,” he smiled before leaning in for a kiss. I smiled and kissed him enjoying his soft lips moving against mine.

“Bye” he whispered looking me in the eyes.

“Bye” I whispered back before walking out of his room.

“Bye Jade” I called out.

“Bye Melissa” Jade called out from the living room.

I made a quick stop at the kitchen before leaving. “Bye Mrs Hunter, tell Mr Hunter I said hello” I said politely.

“Bye Melissa, I will. Tell your mother to call me.” She replied.

“Will do,” I said leaving the room.

I walked to the bus stop and waited for a bus to come.  I felt a sudden itch in my throat and started coughing to get rid of the irritation. My coughing wouldn’t stop, so I grabbed some tissue from my bag and covered my mouth. A bus approached me and I made my way to the back relatively happy that the bus wasn’t full. My coughing didn’t let up even after I got home. I drank a glass of water which stabilised the coughing for long enough for me to cook lunch. I made pasta and vegetables because my mum was vegetarian and I didn’t really want meat today.