There was silence for a good 30 seconds as the coach contemplated the idea while everyone else waited for her approval.

"Alright."

"Let's try it out, I trust you know what you're doing, Ms. Hwang," the coach decisively said, giving the signal that practice was officially over and that everyone was allowed to leave.

One by one, they began to leave the court, leaving Ryujin, Yuna, Tzuyu and Doyeon still frozen in spot, all directing their gaze upon Yeji.

"I'm sorry. I know you guys are tired, but it's not a lot and I truly believe it'll be beneficial for everyone, not just for the upcoming match but for your personal skills too."

"Unnie, why are you apologizing? If this is the way to win, then you can bet I'm all in. What do you want us to do?" Ryujin chimed in, with Yuna, Tzuyu and Doyeon nodding in agreement.

Yeji let out a chuckle, happy to see that her teammates were willing to listen. 

"For today all I ask is for you guys to practice your three pointers, maybe 100, if possible 150 shots? I'll be joining you guys as well," asked Yeji, hoping that the other 4 wouldn't find it to be too much.

Ryujin walks past Yeji, making her way to the three point line to start right away.

"Unnie, what do you take me as? 150? I'll do 200 instead," Ryujin confidently spoke, her competitive nature brimming while Yuna ran to catch up to her girlfriend.

"I'll do 300!" attempting to one up her lover, as they began throwing up basketball after basketball, determined to do their best to win, whatever it took.

-----

Practice ended roughly an hour later, each of them beyond exhausted, arms filled with a burning sensation as their muscles were screaming in agony after the constant repetitive shooting motion. 

Yeji thanked the others for their effort, promising that it wouldn't go to waste as both Tzuyu and Doyeon left, leaving Yeji, Ryujin and Yuna to pick up the basketballs that had been left lying around all over. 

They left the court, heading back to the locker room for a quick shower and a change of clothes before heading out, meeting Chaeryeong just outside the gymnasium who had been busy doing her homework while watching the practice from the bleachers above.

"Hey guys, good work today!" Chaeryeong cheerfully said, handing each of them a cold Pocari beverage.

"Thanks unnie, I was so thirsty," as Yuna quickly accepted the drink, turning the bottle cap and gulping it down in 30 seconds.

"Yuna-ya, drink slowly," Yeji said amused, as the four made their way to the nearby cafeteria that served Asian cuisine. 

All 4 were starving as it was already 8 p.m. 

Yuna and Ryujin each ordered jjamppong and jajangmyeon, while Yeji and Chaeryeong opted for rice instead, ordering a chicken katsu set and a Japanese beef curry respectively. 

They ate their meal quietly, each one of them stuffing food into their mouthes before they had even swallowed the previous bite.

"Here," Yeji picked up a few of her katsu pieces and placed them on Yuna's jjamppong, Ryujin's jajangmyeon and Chaeryeong's beef curry, "eat more."

The three younger girls smiled softly, a sense of nostalgia settling in their hearts. 

They missed this. 

For the last three years, they missed having meals with Yeji who often gave away a good portion of her meal to her dongsaengs, not caring whether she was full with what she had, preferring to make sure her best friends got enough to eat. 

It warmed their hearts, having missed the big sister vibe Yeji gave off, the feeling that they were properly cared for and taken care of, and although Jisu did the same, it felt incomplete without Yeji.

"You guys were really awesome out there today by the way, good work, especially you Yeji wow were you so different out there," Chaeryeong complimented, joyfully looking at Yeji.

Yeji blushed, sheepishly smiling at the sudden compliment made by Chaeryeong.

Yuna bursted in laughter, clapping her hands at the sight of a flustered Yeji, finding her unnie's duality incredibly amusing and adorable, wondering where the charismatic leader she had seen just an hour ago went.

"You really were unnie! You guys too!" Chaeryeong continued, gesturing at Ryujin and Yuna. "Jisu unnie was really proud of you guys!"

At the sound of Jisu's name being spoken, Yeji's expression began to turn solemn, still very much confused about her encounter with Jisu before practice started.

"W-where did Jisu go b-by the way?" Yeji timidly asked.

"Oh, she left midway through practice I think. She said Soobin was picking her u-"

Ryujin gave a hard kick to Chaeryeong's feet underneath the table causing Chaeryeong to groan, not forgetting to give her a what-the-fuck-are-you-doing look while Yuna started choking on her noodles, quickly gulping down the tea that came with the meal.

Upon hearing Soobin's name, Yeji's expression went cold. 

Her heart felt like it was being squeezed as a knot formed in her stomach and all she could muster was one single thought in her head.

What was Jisu doing with Soobin? 

Author's Notes:

I just finished writing chapter 8! 

I think I'll be doing that from now on. Everytime I finish writing a chapter and I'll publish another. 

Also I've read my fair share of Yejisu au's here and most had Soobin as sort of the antagonist, so I decided to follow with that since readers would already be familiar enough :). 

See you guys soon on the next one! 😁