one

"it was me, i was the last thread that couldn't hold us together

that couldn't hold us together."

CHAPTER ONE

"I don't understand why we're here," the dark haired man grumbled, as he sat casually on the white modern couch.

He lifted his feet up and placed them on the glass coffee table stood in front of him with no regards to its owner.

Furious and embarrassed, the woman sat beside him grabbed a magazine off the table, rolled it up and smacked the back of his head.

"Do not have any shame? Be respectful!" She scolded loudly, making the man wince in pain. "We're in someone else's office! We're not at home!"

"Aish, you piss me off." The tanned man grimaced, as he removed his feet from the table then slammed them down on the floor. He tsked aloud then turned his eyes to look elsewhere— sudden annoyance peaking through just from looking at her small face.

"Erm—" The individual sat in front of them cleared his throat. He folded his fingers together and sat them on his lap. The raven-haired male sat up straighter and flickered his eyes between the pair. "Um, shall we begin our session?" He inquired slowly, careful to not ignite any trigger in his clients' minds.

"Oh! Yes, of course! Sorry." Apologetic, the short woman fixed her pink blouse and turned away from her husband. Her disgusted expression morphed into a more cheerful one as she faced the other man in the room.

"About time.." Her significant other grumbled, leaning further back into the couch cushion.

Quickly turning to him, she forced a smile while her eyes spoke her true thoughts.

Turning around, she nodded again to allow the marriage counselor to start.

"So I like to begin my client meetings with introductions so it initiates a a comfortable atmosphere since you have no need to call me Mister or anything overly polite like that," Reeling no other reaction than another cheerful head nod and a roll of eyes, he fixed his tie for a second before introducing himself. "I'm Lee Yeonwoo and I'll do my best in supporting you both. I look forward to working with you."

He smiled gently, his cheek bones raising with the corners of his lips.

In awe, the woman clapped softly. "I'm Koo Sohye and this is my husband—"

Cutting her off, the man sat up straighter whilst staring Yeon Woo down. "Koo Haein, but Mr.Koo to you."

"Uh, anyway," she waved off her husband as if he was delirious and turned back to their counselor. "Thank you for taking us. We know you're quite popular and very busy. We appreciate your time and effort." So Hye bowed.