"It's Ricky Bowen! He's here signing CD's and putting on a small acoustic concert." Red exclaimed excitedly.

"Who?"

Big Red jerked to a halt, causing her to stumble and run into his back. She didn't know where he was dragging her to, and she really needed to get her kids settled into the empty office so she could get started on her lessons.

"You don't know Ricky Bowen?!" He asked, wide-eyed.

"No." She grit through her teeth; obviously one needed patience when dealing with this Big Red guy.

"Nini!"

She whipped around and saw Mr. David, the store owner walk up to her.

"Mr. David, what in the world is going on? I'm supposed to start my private lesson in fifteen minutes!" She exclaimed, frustratingly.

"We have an actual musician! At the Melody Mart! Can you believe it?!" He asked, still in partial shock. "By the way, your lessons were canceled today. I must've forgotten to tell you."

Nini couldn't help but smile at Mr. David. He has sort of become a father figure to her and has given the kids their own little "office" at the store, knowing that sometimes Nini struggles finding a sitter.

"I heard. Some 'Ricky Bowen' guy." She said dryly. It was then that she noticed her children weren't around. "Mr. David, did you see where the kids went?" She asked with worry.

"No, sweetie. I didn't. They were already gone when I saw you."

She groaned. "They could be anywhere in this mess and you know how Connor is- "

Just then, she heard a loud crash followed by some shouting.

Nini closed her eyes. "Oh no. Connor."

Connor was a bit accident prone. He broke and ran into everything. Nini elbowed her way through the crowd and nearly cried when she saw the mess her son had made. Her son had knocked over a large stack of CD's. The curly haired boy at the table glared at her with piercing blue eyes.

"Connor." Nini panted, pulling her son into a hug.

"You need to watch your kid better, Miss." the man said.

Nini felt her blood boil. Let him try being the single mother of twins.

"Next!" The man called, and then turned back to her. "Well, aren't you going to clean that up?"

Nini wanted to slap him and tell him to go to hell, but that wasn't her nature and it was her son that had made the mess.

"I'm sorry, mommy," Connor said tearfully as Nini began to pick up the discs.

She pulled him toward her comfortingly.

"I know, honey. Where is your sister?"

"In the play room." He sniffled. "Playing with her dolls."

Nini smiled. She knew Mr. David had surprised the kids with a bunch of their favorite toys last week.

"Can I help, mommy?"

"NO!"

Connor's lip trembled.

"I mean... I'll take care of it sweetie. Go play with your sister." Nini told him in a softer tone. "We'll go get ice cream in a little bit."

Connor smiled. "Okay!" He said happily.

It took a while, but Nini had finally managed to stack all of the CD's and stood up.

"You missed one." Ricky said, pointing to a CD partially under the table.

Nini grabbed it and pointedly placed it on top of the stack.

"There." She spat, walking away.

"Wait!"

"What?" She snapped, turning back to the annoying man.

"Don't you want an autograph?" He asked with a smirk.

She didn't know why she did it. Nini Salazar-Roberts doesn't do this sort of thing. Nini was kind, mature, and level-headed. Well, except right now.

She stepped up and slapped Ricky Bowen across the face. Cameras snapped and people gasped and chatted in awe. He gawked at her, bringing his hand to his quickly reddening cheek.

"Get my answer?" She asked, storming off.

She grabbed her kids and went out the back, still fuming. She was so glad tomorrow was Saturday. She needed to chill.

But actions have consequences, as Nini was soon to find out.
_______________________________

**Pretty long and kinda choppy but oh well. I hope it's good and I hope you all enjoyed it :) let me know what you think.