"Aww, like mother like son," the Traveller giggled as he tensed up.

"Don't put me alongside that bitch," he breathed hard, feeling a strange sensation in his throat. What was this again? Why did he feel that insatiable thirst yet again?

"She wanted to force her love upon your old man as well, don't you know?" The Traveller stalked too close to his liking, as he stumbled onto his bed, with her straddling him. His breaths became bated as she opened his shirt, tossing it away as she helped him out of it.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Ayato cried out, looking at the door. He was afraid that Yui would walk in on them, then demand to know who the Traveller was. Humans were not as jealous of their partners as vampires were, but knowing Yui, he expected her to at least sulk for a while if she caught him in such a compromising position.

"Don't you need a change for a while? Do you not tire of that prude?" She chuckled against the hollow of his neck. "And let's face it, you only like her for her blood at the essence of everything."

His expression darkened, as he flipped her aside. Thirst drove him crazy enough to consider drinking from the Traveller, but he locked her limbs as she wore a smug expression, enjoying his dilemma. He looked at the pretty mole at the bottom of her lower lip, and held back. "Do not underestimate me, you evil woman. I can rip you apart within seconds if it falls under Oresama's interests."

She looked up through her lashes, fluttering them seductively. "I wonder what must be possessing you for holding back for so long. Does that pathetic girl mean so much for you? Would it be for the sake of her that you curb your thirst so often? What do you fancy about her?"

"Shut up." He barked at her, and she curled lower into the mattress, her voice soft and inviting. "Come on, suck on me instead."

"Fuck off." He flung her away from the bed, as she crashed into the dresser. Something fell from the top shelf, knocking her in the head. "Ow."

"Serves you right."

She laughed at him, and he felt just a little bit embarrassed as she inspected what had fallen upon her. "Ooh, what have we here?"

He jumped towards her, snatching it back. "Don't touch it, you'll spoil it with your filthy hands."

The Traveller raised an eyebrow. "You're as much of a killer as I am, Ayato kun. We've both killed."

"We're born killers."

"We do have a choice not to kill, don't you think?" She raised herself up, meeting his gaze. "Here's a parting gift as I go," she leaned into him and whispered into his ear, "Don't let the girl get wet alone."

Ayato blushed. "Get wet?"

She smacked him across his face. "Get that mind out of the gutter, ya silly." She ruffled his hair. "Don't let her go out in the rain alone. Stay with her as long as you can. Do anything you can but save her from going out while the heavens shower."

"What purpose would that serve?" Ayato rubbed the side of his face.

"If I tell you everything, you might lose interest pretty quick."

With that, she jumped out of the window, while Ayato looked on in wonder.

Keep her away from the rain, Ayato thought, how hard would it be?

***

Reiji looked up from the ground, his nose dripping with sweat, as another lash struck him across his back.

"Finally, I get to do whatever I want with you."

He gritted his teeth as the cold voice roared behind him, his back being lashed with his own whip. He dared not make a sound, though, since it would only fuel to please her instead. He bit into his tongue, his hand curling up into fists as he squinted, the light inside the room dim, the floor now pooled with his own blood.