Chapter 6: "Welcome"

The car moved at the same pace as my heart, slow yet calm. "Would you like to listen to music (Y/n)?" L said turning his to me and handing me a box of his CDs. He uses CDs? Not many people I know use those anymore. They listen to new music apps, mostly the free ones. "Let's take a look..." I said looking at the box of CDs he had handed me.

Honestly his voice was so calming I probably wouldn't need music... but still. Most of it was just soothing jazz, hit piano songs or guitar. "You can pick, what do you like?" I said looking at him and handing him the CDs. He looked a lot different sitting all the way in the front, a lot shorter... probably because of the way his back arched when he sat. "What do I like?" He said in surprise. "Hmm."

He grabbed a CD and handed it to me. "Is this good?" He said shyly as he scratched the back of his head with one of his hands on the wheel. "I love this song!" I said looking at him with happiness all over my face. "The tune of the piano is just so relaxing!" I said handing back to him. "Really, most people hate that song." He said looking back at me in surprise.

"I think it's great." He continued looking away from me again. I think your great. "Y-yeah." I stuttered as I twiddled my thumbs around to keep my mind off cringe things like falling for L! "You look nice." Ryuzaki said trying to change the subject, he looked surprisingly nervous. I turned bright red, I couldn't even reply... but I had to say something!

"That's very kind of you to say, you look nice too." I said with a nervous smile on my face. He stopped looking at me and just drove. It was silent until we finally arrived. "We arrived." He mumbled in a monotone voice. I gave him a smile and then I opened the limousine door.

The task force headquarters building was huge, the streets were giant and compared to the world around me I felt tiny. "Ryuzaki, thank you for the drive." I said with a quick bow. "No problem." He said turning to the building. "It's a pretty big building huh?" Ryuzaki said staring at it proudly. "Yeah, it is!" I said looking back at him with a grin.

"It has twenty-three floors, and two floors underground." He said contently. "That many?!" I said, jumping with shock. "Yes." He replied. "I can't wait to go inside!" I said running towards the towering building. "Let's go!" I said as I stopped and turned back towards L. "You must not tell Light that I suspect him... he might harm you." Ryuzaki said following after me who was now peaking back at him from the inside of the building.

"Wait, why is your prime suspect in this building?!" I said walking out of the building to open the door for him. "I'm investigating him while he helps me investigate Kira, very simple." Ryuzaki stated, like I would just understand that immediately. "Well that makes sense." I said, a little embarrassed. We walked to an elevator and began flying up the floors before we knew it. I was really nervous.

Will they like me? Will I like them? Was Light Yagami really Kira? Why did L choose me? Is L his real name? I just don't know anything!! Damn.