Chapter 5: "Kira"

"So, if I'm correct... we are working on the Kira case?" I said stirring my tea. "That is correct." He spoke so calmly, his voice was like a nice cup of tea after a long day. I sipped my tea and finished my donut. "This place is nice but they don't sell cake..." L mumbled to himself with a slightly annoyed look on his pale face.

He leaned closer to me and lifted his feet onto the table. "Hey (Y/n), we are close to finding the true identity of Kira." He said looking away from me and then looking back.  "Who do you think it is?!" I said excitedly slamming my hands onto the table. "A boy called Light Yagami." He said with a sour look on his face. "What's wrong?" I said, thinking he would be happier. "Well, he's my friend and... well." He said looking away from me in sorrow. "That would suck." He continued. His monotone voice changed into a slightly disturbed one.

"Well, no offense but... what do you think of Kira?" I said as he continued to place lots of sugar cubes into his tea. "He's smart, very smart." He said in a very frustrated tone. "Yes, but I mean... is he good or bad?" I said in a slightly embarrassed way. "What do you think?" He said, avoiding the question. "Well I... don't know... he saved my friend!" I said slamming my head onto the table.

"Oh, I see." He said lifting my head up by my chin. Woah why was he touching my face?! "Don't slam your head down, it can cause blood to rush." He said looking a lot sterner. "That's true." I said rubbing my aching head. I see, so he was just worried. "Anyway, we should start going." He said placing his knife and fork onto his plate and leaving some money on the table. "I'll pay for you." He said putting some money on mine.

"Th-thank you so much!" I said with a quick bow. "It's nothing, let's go." He said rubbing his hand on the back of his head. He opened the door and walked me to my car. Woah, he's really kind! I walked to where my car was and was about to get in when suddenly... "Oh my god!" I yelled as I lifted my hands onto my head in disbelief. "My cars gone!!"

I began sweating heavily, will I not be allowed to go?! "No worries (Y/n), it's fine." He said stepping in front of me to see my face. "B-but my car got stolen!" I said ignoring his comforting words. "You can drive with me." He said with no further explanation. "I-I can drive with you..?!" I said in mere shock. Those words finally set in, I can drive in the same car as L!

"We can discuss our thoughts on Kira, who we believe some good suspects are." He said pointing to his car. He has a limousine?! He began walking without me, "You coming (Y/n)?" He said impatiently. "Y-yeah of c-course!" I managed to stutter out.

He opened the car door and cleared a car seat for me. "Thank you again L." I said wiping the sweat off my forehead. He nodded at me and then turned away as he shut the door car. He then opened the front seat door and climbed in. "Hey, what should I call you?" I asked a bit out of nowhere. "I mean, L sounds a bit... odd." I said without thinking.

"Ryuzaki will do." He said as he put a key into the key hole. The engines roared on and we began to move. I can't believe I'm in L's car- no limousine!