Chapter 2: "Friends?"

"Hello welcome to Small Bean Diner." Said a cheerful voice from behind the counter. "Hey, can I get a sugar coffee and a strawberry shortcake?" I said as I reached into my purse for my credit card. "Sure, that will be five dollars!" I scanned the card and pulled out the coupon that was left with my invitation.

I turned and sat down at a small table next to a wide window, the table number was 31. "I'll remember that, I hope." I mumbled to myself. I sat looking through the window and zoned out. Was he really L? Is that even possible? And why did he, act like that?! His sitting posture was so very strange. "Doesn't his back hurt?!" I muttered a little too loud. Everyone in the diner stared at me. "Heh sorry." I laughed.

A lady walked out of the diners backroom holding my cake and my steamy coffee. She walked over to the table I was and placed them down. "Hey, do I know you?" She said to me moving her silvery blonde hair away from her face. "Oh I remember walking past you!" I said turning my chair to her and pulling out a chair for her to sit so we could chat.

She was holding a scarlet red purse, she lifted it onto the desk and we started to talk. I couldn't really focus, my mind was glued strictly to him. "Here's my number just incase you want to chat." She said picking up her purse and pushing in her seat."Thanks!"

She was about to walk when I  called out, "Hey you never told me your name!" I got up and started rushing up to her. "Oh, Hana!" She said laughing over the fact she forgot to tell me her name. "I'm (Y/n)!" I started laughing too. She smiled one last time and then left the diner. I sat back down to watch her leave through the window.

My mind went back to L's offer, I wonder what case he's working on? Probably Kira. That would make sense, saying as he constantly talks about him on tv. I wonder... was that really him? He had very tired eyes, he might never be able to sleep. He is the great L, smartest detective in the world!

I looked back at the number Hana gave me. I think we would make really nice friends. I took my fork and dug out a piece of cake, I began to daydream of him. Wait... do I like him?! No way!! I shook my head until I was dizzy. I ate the rest of the cake and drank what was left of my coffee.

Everyone felt too happy today, like I was living in a fantasy. Too happy. I looked out the window, Hana got distracted by a cute brownish-orange corgi on her way out so she was just leaving now. She told me about a shortcut to her way home. She just had to go through the alleyway beside the barber shop just opposite the window I was sitting at.

Of course all that happiness I was feeling when something I could never forget happened. Happiness always ends. Just a matter of time.