Chapter 45

This is the last chapter, guys! I just want to say thank you for reading my story! I honestly thought that I wouldn't get more than 50 reads, but now I'm at almost 500. I'm planning on writing another book, so if you guys have anything you want me to add, or any suggestions, i'm open to ideas. Thanks again for the reads, and hope you enjoy the last chapter!

~~~

         "Ok, this is the last load." Steve said. He got into the truck and we drove off. In the past 3 weeks, Bucky and I had been able to get a new apartment and sell the old one, although I was surprised how fast the place had sold. After that, we packed up everything and started moving to the new place. I hadn't been muck of a help because of my shoulder, but I did what I could.

        When we got to the new place, we started to pack. We had gotten all the big furniture earlier, so we had mostly little things in this load. I picked up a lamp and we went up the stairs. We were on the 3rd floor of the building. Once we got everything up, we had to organize it all. That didn't take too long, but it did take a lot of discussing between Bucky and I.

        "Do you think this lamp should go here?" Bucky asked as he set it down on the table.

        "Ya, it looks good there." I responded.

        "Gosh, I'm so excited that we're finally moving into a new place. It's going to be a great new start." Bucky exclaimed, walking over to stand beside me.

        "I know, it's great." I replied. "It has a much better look compared to the toher one." Steve walked in from the bedroom and stood beside us.

        "I think we have everything." He said.

        "Thank you so much for your help." I said. "We would still be hauling stuff over if you weren't here."

        "I'm glad we could help." He replied. "It's a good thing you two are getting a new start. Well, Nat and I should probably get going. I'll talk to you later, ok?" He and Natasha left.

        "So what do you wanna do?" Bucky asked after a moment of silence.

        "I'm not sure." I said. Bucky went over and sat down on the couch, and I went over and sat with him. 

        "I'm so glad we're getting a new start here." He said. He was right, we were getting a new start. We had moved to an apartment on the other side of DC, probably 20 minutes away from before. We were far from Hydra now. After everything we had been through, from first meeting to now and everything in between, we needed to do our best to start a new life. A life where we were away from our past. A life where we were together.

        "These past 5 months have been crazy." Bucky said.

        "You're right." I said. "They certainly have been."

        "Do you think this is going to work?"

        "It has to, it's our last option."

        "True. You know, we should celebrate. I know just what to do." Bucky got up and went into the kitchen. A minute later, he came back with 2 glasses of champane. "I got this a couple days ago. I knew it would come in handy." I smiled as he sat back down and handed me a glass. He held his up. "To a new life."

        I clinked my glass on hhis. "To a new life."