Kanji Koganegawa X FEM!reader

I used to be a libero but I didn't enjoy playing volleyball on Date Tech's female volleyball team because they focused only on blocking. I never got the enjoyment of practice serve receives or passing for more that 30 minutes out of a 3 hour practice so I decided to Manage the boys team after 2 months of school passed.

Since the coach knew I had originally been a Libero from the girls team, he assigned me to usually play with the boys when they did passing drills or teaching passing when it came to it. However, my most difficult one that I have had to teach is a newcomer, the same age and year as me... Kanji Koganegawa.

He was huge, 6'3 and already excelling in his jumping power and strength. I was kind of jealous being only 5'5, but that's part of the reason I'm a libero.

It was during practice, it was time for passing drills and the coach had called everyone over.

"Alright let's get right into it! Koganegawa, I want you to go with y/n to the other court and learn from her since she was previously a Libero throughout 3rd grade to this year" Everyone agreed and I took Koganegawa to the second court since the Date tech gym had three courts total. Basketball also sometimes practiced here so that's the reason we had so many courts.

I brought Koganegawa to the 2nd court and showed him a passing drill where he would pass against the wall 50 times in a row. However he kept messing up after 4-6 passes.

"Keep your hips down"

"Focus, Koganegawa!"

"OH MY GOD YOUR NOT GLUED TO THE GROUND! MOVE YOUR TALL ASS TO THE BALL!"

I sighed as I rubbed my temples, then asked him to give me the ball which he complied. I threw the ball against the wall and started passing to myself from against the wall in a controlled manner.

"Woah you're really good at that y/n!!"

"Yes do you know WHY?"

"No"

"Because I do something called MOVING MY FEET!" I said with disappointment. When I looked over to the rest of the team, I saw a few of the players missing balls that were far from them but I knew they could've saved them... especially the second years.

I walked over to their court and grabbed a box that wasn't being used. I brought it to our court and stood on it, then put a ball cart next to me.

"Alright new plan, receive as many of these as you can. I'm spiking down 20, if you get less than 10 of them then you're doing suicides and push ups" I said while motioning Koganegawa to stand on the court side that I'm facing. He nodded and I started spiking down balls, making them obvious as to where I was going to spike.

I'm a libero, however we all learn how to pass, spike, and serve when you're beginning all the way even throughout middle school. I wasn't the strongest spiker but I knew how to spike and how facing your body in certain directions worked.

Once he was in position, I threw up the ball and showed that I was directing the ball a little to his left. However, once I spiked the ball down his reaction time was extremely slow for passing.

"Read me," I said. He looked at me with confusion and we went spiking 10 balls. He got 3 up purely by luck of the ball being right in front of him. Before I spiked the next one, I saw a light bulb almost light up above him as I mouthed "read me" to him again. I smirked and spiked the next one, making it go right and a little behind him. He smoothly shuffled to the ball and received it, you smiled watching the ball drop where the setters position would be.

"Yes finally! Great job! Now we have to do that about 9 more times" You beamed. The giant setter's smiled turned into a groan as he realized how many more balls he would have to pass, even though he knew it wasn't that much. He threw you a lazy thumbs up and you smiled, then continued spiking balls at him for his practice.

__________________

"Alright last one! Make this your best one" You smiled as Koganegawa gave you a thumbs up. You decided to make it difficult by spiking a slow cut shot right behind the ten foot line of the right side of the court.

As you threw the ball up, you saw his eyes tracking the ball like a hawk. Once your hand made contact with the ball, you saw him slowly move towards where your hand was placed around the ball to try to beat it to it's spot.

A slight hint of panic was on his face as you spiked the ball and he saw it was going to be a sharp-ish angle. He dived and got a hand on the ball, though the ball didn't actually go up it made you happy that he at least was able to get to it somehow.

"Yes! Great hustle, Koganegawa!" You smiled while getting down. He had a look of almost disappointment when he was picking up all the balls.

"Mm? What's wrong?"

"Well... I only got like half the balls up and I couldn't get that last one" You frowned at his statement.

"So? Just because you couldn't get the ball up doesn't mean you did bad, it just means you need to improve more." You explained. He looked at you with a blank face before smiling.

"Yes you're right!" This made you laugh as he used his remaining energy to pick up all the balls.

After all the balls were picked up, you went to the coach with a smile.

"He's improved a lot!" You beamed. The coach looked at you with a bright face and nodded.

"Thank you so much, y/n, for that!"

"All in the work of a good manager, coach!"