The Beach Boy

My name is Jordan. Jordan Mustgrove. I had moved to LA, from Kansas, roughly a year ago. Back in my hometown, my bestfriend, Andie was my next door neighbor. Still to this day. Well, not mine of course, but my mother's. She had planned on moving out of her house soon, but she hadn't been able to just yet. Andie and my Mother, well they are practically the only friends I have. I used to like to stay to myself back in highschool, but I had recently started to become more outgoing, and confident. But, hardly. So, I was mostly on my own down in LA. Other than when either of them would come to visit. I work at the local Starbucks around my town, and I live in a small apartment. My life had never been the most exciting, but that didn't mean I didn't like it.

It was just any Saturday morning. I wake up, take a shower, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, all the normal things a 19 year old would do on a sunday morning. I had spent a lot of time inside recently, so I figured it was a good idea to head to the beach and watch the waves. Who knows, I could even meet a new friend there.

I was the type of girl who didn't like to wear feminine clothing. Y'know, dresses, and skirts, crop tops and all, just not my thing. I practically only wore mens clothes. Mens pants, shirts, shoes, underwear, basically everything. That being said, it was always difficult for me to find something to wear when I went swimming, or to the beach. I only had one bathing suit. Which was a one peice, plain black, suit with "fuck off" in white, plastered on the front. I just decided to wear that, grab the regular stuff you'd bring to the beach, and hopped in my car.

The closest beach to me was about 40, 45 minutes away. It is usually the one I go to if I end up going to the beach anyway, so why not. I started my car, and started to drive off. My car is pretty old. My mom got it in 2005, and the person who had it originally, got it brand new in 1998. So, it was starting to run down quite a bit. My AC didn't work, my radio was broken and would only play static. The windows would occasionally stop working, and the inside was all messed up. I definitely needed a new car, I just didn't have the money for it yet.

It took over an hour to get to the beach, because of traffic. Once I parked, I realized not too many people were here. A good number, but not as many as there usually is at a beach in LA. I unpacked everything I had brought with me, and started to walk down a flight of old wooden stairs that led to the beach.

After a bit of searching, I found a pretty good spot to set up. I grabbed my towel, and layed it out. All I actually brought, was a towel, some food, sunscreen, and other needed things. Like my phone, and keys and all.

I didn't like to just sit and tan, because I knew that I would tan if I was outside for a while. My favorite part of the beach, was the water. Ever since I was little, I always loved the water, and the waves. The feeling of it brushing against my legs, and my feet when I stood on the wet sand. How I felt as if I was sinking when it went back, and how it sounded. I always loved the sound of waves. So obviously, as you can imagine, the first thing I did was run over to the water. A smile grew upon my face as the small, cold, waves splashed against my feet.

After a while of messing around in the water, I started getting pretty cold. So I walked back up to where my towel was, and sat down. Thankfully, this beach actually had internet, unlike many others. So I was able to use my phone, and not be completely bored.

As I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, I saw this boy and what I assumed to be his friend out of the corner of my eye. They seemed to be around my age. For some reason, the both of them seemed to catch my eye, and I looked up at them. My eyes following as they walked. One of them, had bright blonde, fluffy hair. He was wearing a pink, short sleeved hoodie with small rips on the front. He had some black denim shorts on as well as a red cap. The other boy, had soft brown hair, a black and white striped short sleeve shirt, with some type of small pink design on the front, and plain black shorts. Both of them were extremely handsome. But that's not why I noticed them in particular. Both of them looked extremely familiar, I just didn't know why.