"Tarryin, you no fall today?" I ask and she whines while missing a step out the front door making me frown.

She gets up quickly and glares at me, "You know what Taylum?" she asks me and I shake my head.

"Every time you say that I end up falling, if you weren't my damn brother I'd set you on fire!" she says and I nod my head.

"You go jail, you go hell after, I go heaven and laugh, you burn," I say and she starts laughing. Tarryin is my best friend and the only one I really like but I don't let her touch me too, it burns, I don't like getting hurt.

We arrive at school and I get out of the car. Tarryin starts skipping again and we walk towards the entrance. She greets everyone and I can hear them gossiping about me already.

We stop at my classroom and I walk in, "Bye, bye Tarryin, you go class now, I stay here."

"Bye, bye," she peeps through the door and greets Mrs Anderson and she nods.

I lower my head and put in my ear plugs. The bell rings for class to start and everyone runs in while making a noise. I sit alone at the back by the window so that they don't bother me but they still do.

"Oh look who's back and here I thought you fainted again," says Derek. He likes to pick on me. I ignore him because I don't want to talk.

I turn my head to face the window. "Why are you quiet today? No come back?" he taunts. I open my mouth to answer but someone answers before me.

"It's early in the morning, why are you making so much noise?" says a deep voice that sounds close. The class goes quiet and I turn around. Someone sits down in the seat beside me and I quickly move to the end of the bench.

My eyes widen when I go all the way off the bench. I quickly close my eyes waiting for the impact but it doesn't happen. Instead of falling, my face hits into a wall that makes my head slightly spin.

"What the fuck? Do you know you almost hurt yourself?" says that same deep voice from above me.

My body trembles slightly. My feet that was lifted into the air because of my bent knees, gets put on the floor and my body straightened. The arms that were holding me loosen and I didn't realise that I was being held.

My eyes shoot open because this isn't right, no one is allowed to touch me. I should be burning but why am I not?

The first thing I see is a grey shirt. My eyes shift up and I raise my head. I can smell him, he smells nice.

I can see the outlines of his muscles through his shirt. Looking up at his face, my eyes widen in surprise. Those beautiful greenish-blue eyes are like pools of magic water. He looks down at me with worried eyes.

He lets go of me and I step back. Hugging myself, I look down and shake my head. I hear him sigh and say, "What the hell are you all looking at!"

After I hear shuffling, he sits down in the desk beside me. I feel a tug at the bottom of my sweater and then I get forced into my seat by the tug. I turn slightly to face forward and Mrs Anderson starts class.

From the corner of my eyes, I see him take out his books and starts writing. Today's first period is history so we are mostly listening to her speak. He takes down notes and I turn my head slightly to see what he's writing. He's just writing simple points while she's talking.

His hand writing is elegant and the movement of his wrist is elegant as well. His voice is nicely deep and husky not to mention how nice he smells.

"Mr Rayleigh?" my surname gets called.

"Mn?" I answer knowing that she wants to know if I'm paying attention in class. I look up at her then lower my head to face my empty desk.

Taylum and His Innocence [BL] | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें