Chapter 2

"Next." The peacemaker said. I walked up and they pricked my finger. Ooh. I flinched. Dang that hurts. I walked over to Limin. Limin Mellark is my best friend. I gave him a quick hug and I walked over to my spot in the crowd. Me and Katniss love sweets. And now that we can afford it, we go a lot to support the Mellarks business. Limin's older brother Peeta always gives Katniss a free sugar cookie in the shape of an arrow.
"She shoots squirrels right in the eye for my father every time." He brags. She always laughed and gives him a playfully push. I think something is going on between them.
"Welcome! Welcome!" Effie Trinket exclaims. " this quarter quell we will not have a reaping. Instead, we will watch a video. In Thais special video the head game maker, Seneca Crane will announce the winners!" Here we go.
I closed my eyes tightly. "Hello. This years Quarter Quell will be an interesting one. Now, let's get to the point. The girl tribute that will fight to the death in the 75th Hunger Games
will be Primrose Everdeen!" Seneca said giddily. I held my breath and shot my eyes at Katniss, who was crying. And my mother who was passed out.
I walked up to the stage and I had no words. I can't believe them! I can't go, I'm too little, and what if I die? I'll never see Limin again! I was too lost in my mind to hear the male tribute. But, tragically, I saw Limin walk to the stage by me. Is he, the male tribute..?
"Would you look at that! Two 13 year olds this year!" Yes. He is the male tribute. We are screwed. "Well. Shake hands now." Effie said. Only we didn't shake hands. Me and Limin hugged and cried.
It looks like Me and my Best friend are going to the games together to fight to the death. I couldn't breathe.