Chapter Twenty

Summer's POV

I was getting giddy that we were going to have a trip with a great surprise person. This was more than won a lottery, and I felt my face was getting sore because of grinning too much since that day.

I chuckled to myself whenever I thought of the way she covered up her blushing, denying or contained her smile which was too adorable to watch.

"Mummy you are happy!" my baby girl said next to me.

I chuckled and said, "Yes, I am, baby girl. Are you excited?" I gently used a hand to squeeze her soft chin while I was focusing on the road.

"Of course! I'm happy too because Chali joins us." She giggled.

I gently squeezed her face this time, "You really like Charli a lot, huh?" 

I felt my shoulder was nudged when Lotte was nodding her head eagerly on my shoulder, "Yes I like her because she likes me too! We are best friends." I laughed at her cuteness.

"Mom, are you going to date Charli?" Lotte's question was caught me off guard.

"Hmm, what do you mean by date, Lotte?" I played dumb.

I shook my head at the maturity of the kids nowadays. I thought a kid in 5 was supposed to be innocent, but Lotte was not innocent at all.

Back to our 5 years old, we were playing Barbies and ran around in the playground. We didn't even think about romance thingy, and I only talked about a date when I was 16.

Lotte hummed, "Umm... something like a boy asks a girl for a date."

I chuckled, "Ah nope. It's just a friendly invite Charli to join us because mommy knows you like her." I quickly press the radio to switch the Disney playlist to distract my baby girl.

"Let it go~ Let it go~!" It works! Lotte started singing out loud next to me, yet her voice quite piercing me.

I chuckled and said, "Okay Lotte, can you low down your tone? Mummy is deafening."

She giggled, "Oops, I'm sorry, mum." She shifted away from me as I saw she sat properly in the back seat and continued her Disney mini-concert through the rear mirror. 

My heartbeat fluttered when I was turning to the corner of the street by knowing we were reaching Charli's coffee shop. That's mean I was gonna meet her very soon.

I smiled while I pulled over my car to the front of Charli's coffee shop. She already stood outside the shop waiting for us with her handful of a paper bag of food and a paper holder of two drinks.

I took a fast scan of her outlook. She let her gorgeous long dark brown wavy hair down freely, wearing a light blue long sleeve shirt, a pair of ripped black skinny jeans hugging her long slender legs, and a pair of white vans.

She was grinning at us flashing her perfect white teeth while she was walking toward us, but her blue eyes were covered with her favorite aviator.

Somehow I smiled at her loyalty, and I was wishing that I'm still her favorite girl too. I quickly leaned over to open the car door for her when she reached my car.

"Hey!" she greeted cheerfully and I took the paper bag of food, followed by the drinks from her. She thanked me before climbed into the car and shut the car door.

"Charli!" my baby girl called excitedly and circled her arms around Charli's neck from behind. Charli chuckled as she took the paper bag of food from me and took out a chocolate brownie, "Here, this is your favorite Charlotte."

"Yay, thank you, Charli," Lotte pecked Charli's cheek before returned her seat and started eating her brownie.

She took out the sausage muffin and smiled at me, "This is for you,"