Childe

Hello! Very sorry for the delayed update. writing this took a while because i put in a lot of effort. :') I do hope you guys enjoy this though, i shall now be working on your requests
this also does refer to the reader as a girl, i'm sorry :(( next chapters i'll try to be more vague of gender!

spoilers warning for the geo archon quest

————————

"WOWWWWWWW, this place is so fancy! Paimon's never seen anything like it!" Paimon exclaimed, as you two stepped into the ball.

The sun was setting, and you and Paimon were at Liyue to complete a quest. A quest to find the eleventh Fatui harbinger, Childe. You were told that he was going to be at a masquerade ball tonight. You were also told to keep an eye on him in case he had any malicious intent- which you were 99% sure he did.

Hmph, should be easy. A mask won't make him impossible to find, especially with his orange hair.

You examined the room, studying every bit of detail. Walls were engulfed with drawn flowers, decorating the plain barriers. Chandeliers were hanging from the ceiling that was carved in unique shapes, emphasizing the paintings. The orchestra strummed melodies for the couples waltzing in the center. Smiles were plastered on everyone's masked faces, absorbed in their own discussions.

"Y/n, Paimon's going to look at the food. You can go ahead and look for Childe!" She quickly floated towards the tables full of food. "Paimon will be back soon!"

"Wait-"

You reached out to call her back, but it was too late. She disappeared into the crowd, leaving you by yourself.

So much for a traveling partner.

You huffed, and began your search. Few hours passed, and you still have not found any clues. You examined every corner and circled the room at least twice, confident you did not miss a single place. Where could he be?? Was he even here?

You decided to sit down and rest, taking off your shoes to massage your feet. You sighed out in relief as the pressure left. Heels were not something you wore on a daily basis. Walking around in them make your whole leg sore. You continued to scan the room from where you were sitting.

In the corner of your eye, you spotted ginger hair. You immediately stood up and whipped your head in that direction, but could no longer spot it anymore. You stared, and blinked in confusion.

'Was that him? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?'

You hurriedly put on your shoes, and walked towards the area. The music died down, while the couples in the middle were preparing for the next song. You scanned your surroundings, yet he was nowhere to be seen. You groaned in frustration.

As you were about to leave, you spotted his orange hair again. You lightly gasped as your heart skipped a beat. He was wearing a simple tuxedo that accentuated his athletic figure, his gaze on you slightly hidden by his mask.

'There you are...I finally found you,'

You glared at him, while he wore an evil grin on his face. Just as you were about to walk over to where Childe was, you bumped into a girl. Shifting your attention from the harbinger to the girl, you apologized sincerely and asked her if she was alright. She nodded, and walked away. You looked back to where Childe stood, but he disappeared.

'Fuck'

Suddenly, you felt a tight grip around your wrist. You yelped as you felt yourself being dragged towards the dance floor. You struggled to no avail, as Childe pulled you in. His palm firmly held your waist, while he grabbed your right hand and entwined your fingers with his. The music began to play, and so you two began to waltz.