bubble gum bitch

malakai's pov

tw // slight metion of rape and using of slurs

im so fucking tired today. i didn't get any sleep last night. i may or may not have stayed up till 4am. it's not my fault i just couldn't sleep so i took a bath and did some face masks and then that turned into me chilling in the bath for hours while listening to music. well at least i don't have to shower now.

so now i just go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and my hair. i put on some light make up and put my hair into a low messy bun. i put on my favorite jewelry and change into some better clothes and put on my favorite hoodie on top of the over sized shirt im wearing. then i on some sneakers and spray my favorite perfume. once i glance up to look at my reflection i wince a little bit. my eye bags are still visible and im not in the mood for my mom's shit so i quickly put on some sunglasses.

well i guess im ready.

today marks the 3rd month at my nrw school. when i got expelled from my old school my mom "had enough of my misbehaving" so she put me in a christian school as if that would cure my anger issues and gayness. i roll my eyes at the thought. but it wasn't been all that bad i guess. we have to go to church every morning and there are some shitty people at the school but i met my closet friend there.

i put in one of my airpods and put on my favorite playlist (at the moment) waking past my school bag i grab it and swing one strap on my shoulder. i walk down the stairs and go straight for the doors. but of course my mother stops me.

"what are you wearing, you look horrible" she exclaims looking me up and down with a judgement stare

"thanks mom" i simply respond walking past her, bumping into her shoulder on purpose and walking outside ignoring things she yelled at me

i usually walk to school and get a coffee on the way there but today im a bit late so i guess ill have to survive if i want to make it in time for church. well i don't want to but i have to..

after about a 15 minute walk i can already see the school and i can see a glimpse of the churches gold roof (the church is behind the school). while walking one of my favorite songs "bubble gum bitch" is playing so i sing the words in my head. when im basically by the church i take out my airpods and spot michelle in the crowd of people waiting for the teachers to let us in the church

"hi my love" i say while wrapping my arms around her back and startling her. she quickly turns around and pulls me into a big hug.

"hi best friend" she says hugging me even more

"why are you wearing sunglasses?" she questions while i close my eyes and sink harder into her embrace