Not only a friend

Start from the beginning

When she just gaped at him, he sighed in irritation and pulled her to him "I asked you something"

Gauri couldn't form words... all that she wanted to talk to him in the morning... he was asking her now... she only planned the questions expecting to get answers from him... now when he stole her questions...she didn't know how to answer them.

Looking at his shirt button and taking a leap of faith she confessed "Yes... you mean more than a friend to me.. yes I have feelings for you that one shouldn't have towards a friend...I was going to tell this to you in the morning"

She took a pause in between to finally utter "I... I love you Om"

In reply when she just got silence... she grew anxious and curious, her heart thumping hard... making her worry for her life... she lifted her head to look at his face which had a huge grin.

Seconds later her lips were taken into a scorching kiss making her sigh in satisfaction.... She opened her mouth to him happily accepting the love he shared... her dream to feel his lips on hers finally coming true.

Omkara left her mouth to give kisses all over her face ... grumbling "Why couldn't you tell me sooner" in between them.

"What stopped you Gauri... you rejected marrying me... why?" he asked and she looked at him angrily.

"Because of you.. and your Tanisha..." she spoke pushing him away.

"What??"

"Don't give me that 'I don't have any idea what you are saying look'... That night ...on your graduation party... you slept with her didn't you?"

This time his "What???" echoed through the room and beyond...making Gauri doubt that her mother will rush inside to know why her friend was screaming.

Doesn't he remember?... was he that drunk? May be Rudy was right... may be she held on to her grudge for way longer... he didn't know his mistake.

"I think I heard you wrong.. did you just say I slept with Tanisha?" asked Omkara... his own words tasting bitter.

"Umm... may be you don't remember... you were drunk that night... but I accidentally saw you both on the same bed... practically naked" she said the image refusing to leave her mind making her stomach churn.

"Oh my God... Gauri... I am so sorry..." he started hugging her close but was cut off.

"I understand... you were drunk... you didn't know... I should have asked you then"

"No... you got it all wrong Gauri... I and Tanisha.. it is not possible"

"What do you mean by not possible... you were in your boxers and she was just in her inners... sleeping on one bed...I can accept it if you say you are not in your senses but don't say it is not possible... I know what I saw" she said frowning.

"No... you misunderstood Gauri... I was drunk yes... but not that drunk to not know what I am doing...me and Tani we...." he said and paused "Urrghhh I can't believe I have to say this to you"

Looking at his irritated face... she began to doubt what she saw... "What?" asked Gauri cupping his face giving him an assuring look to speak whatever he had in mind.

"Tanisha is not compatible with men... she is interested in women" he said getting it out at last making Gauri gasp loudly.

"I never got that drunk in years and so did she... we were getting extremely nauseous... I had to go to the bathroom twice or thrice to puke... and in that hangover...we were too exhausted and sleepy Gauri... I didn't even realize I slept beside her and in whatever state I was in... because she isn't interested in me"