Not the only friend

Start from the beginning

"I understand... I will talk to him and we can come on some common arrangement... but don't pester him before that... if he doesn't join the company... you have me anyways... don't you trust my abilities?"

"If I trust anybody's efficiency after my son.. it is you... but you poured water on my dreams when you refused to marry him... the company has to be in the family's hands Gauri" he stated giving her a disappointed look.

"Uncle... I..."

"I don't know what happened to change your decision all of a sudden... I left it then because I don't want to force both of you into marriage.. he will hate me for that... but just tell me one thing Gauri... don't you love him?"

When he saw her nodding her head in a yes he caressed her head "Then what is stopping you?"

"He doesn't love me back uncle..."

"My son is many things but he isn't an idiot"

"He loves me but as a friend... not the way I want him to love me"

"Rubbish... I know my son better... talk to him and clear things out" he said in a no argument tone and she sighed nodding her head.

"Good... let me know what he says... I need to confirm if he is still negotiable or a completely lost case..." he said and she smiled at him.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Gauri walked to the home gym ten minutes later with a glass of cherry juice in hand and a strong resolve to talk to him about her feelings in her head.

Last night talk with her mother and Tej's advice a few minutes ago gave her much needed push to give her love... one fair chance.

He won't be mad at her... will he? What if their relationship turned awkward? It happened three years back when their parents decided to get them married and she refused that idea outrightly after witnessing a horrific sight. But they somehow managed to diffuse the awkward air and get back on smooth road.

What if the situation cannot be handled this time? a pessimistic part of brain cried out it's worry and she reassured it that no matter what... she wont let go of him.... lover or not.. she will surely be his friend for life.

As she entered the gym, she could hear his sounds of exhaustion and walked in the direction... not long after she saw him doing his chest work out, his muscles tense and tired, body dripping in sweat.

She froze in her place and started at him dreamily for a while chastising herself for being such a creep...

This isn't the first time you are seeing him shirt less... get your brain out of the gutter milady said her brain.

Can't he be any less handsome? May be it will be less painful to lose him...her heart grimly thought.

Is that droll I see there... on the right side of your mouth? smirked her brain again.

Mentally screaming at both of them to stop, she called his attention "Om... your drink"

"Yup.. thanks" he said standing straight and walking towards her.

As her heart involuntarily sped up looking at him coming nearer, she got nervous and put the glass on the table beside her to stand at a distance...making him frown at her.

"What is wrong? You could have handed over the glass to me..." he said taking the glass and gulping the drink in a minute.

"Nothing" she said her tone still shaky getting all his attention though she absolutely didn't want it at the moment.