50. Stormy Weather

Start from the beginning

They were about to start when three vampires came to join them, the Knight Clan. They were friends of Valerie.

"Hey, we missed you at the meeting last night." Edward said.

"Valerie filled us in." Owen Knight replied.

The woman, Althea Knight, gave a polite smile before she responded.

"My apologies. We were called upon our old friends, they have news about Aro." Althea said.

Everyone turned to the Knights with anxious expression plastered across their expressions.

"Well, what is it?" Jasper asked.

Althea glanced at her husband, Wyatt Knight, who stood on her left as he stepped up.

"You're right. They're planning on taking Alice and Luna for themselves. Considering Luna's rather hostile reputation, they know she won't back down without a fight. Aro's fascination with Luna goes beyond anything he had laid his eyes upon. So, it's unlikely that they'll kill her if she doesn't cooperate." Wyatt explained.

"That could be an advantage, right?" Luna said.

Althea smiled and nodded. "I'll discuss this with Carlisle."

Althea went back inside the house to inform Carlisle about what they had found out while Owen and Wyatt remained in their positions, planning on watching whatever was happening out there.

"So, what's up?" Owen asked as she crossed his arms against his chest.

"We're trying to develop Bella's shield ability." Emmett answered.

The two Knights wore interested looks on their faces before they shrugged and decided to stay.

"Ready?" Kate asked Bella and she simply nodded in response.

"You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What color it is." Kate explained as she stood before Bella. "Now, picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you."

Bella pursed her lips into a thin line as she intensely does what Kate told her to do. She visualized how it moves, what color it was, and eventually, she forced herself to go beyond her. And for a moment, it worked.

Everyone eyed the newborn intently, seeing how the shield resembled that of a force field that emerge itself out of her, until it was suddenly pulled back because of Bella breaking concentration.

"I think she needs something to motivate her." Kate suggested as she turned towards Edward.

Edward and Kate shared a glance and considering Edward could read Kate's mind, he already knew what she meant and what he had to do. Bella flickered her confused gaze between Edward and Kate as she slightly pushes her eyebrows together.

Edward was reluctant as he stepped up, pulling out his hands from his pockets and getting them ready. That was when everyone else realized what was about to happen, and Luna couldn't help but place a wide, excited grin on her face.

"No." Bella protested.

"It's all right, I can take it." Edward reassured his wife.

"He says that now." Garrett murmured.

"Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting." Emmett said.

"This is gonna be so much fun!" Luna exclaimed. "Shock his ass!"

Luna's overflowing enthusiasm caused everyone to look at her weirdly, making Luna stop from jumping up and down.

"Jasper, where are the coconuts?" Luna asked.