Nightmares Of the furture

Tubbo's governess was at his side the second the two princes entered the castle's large foyer. "Prince Tub! Look at you, you're caked in mud!" She practically cried out, immediately tending to the brunette's birdnest of hair. Tommy laughed at his friend's expression, only earning the lady's attention and her immediate accusations that "they had dinner in 10 minutes and aren't presentable in the slightest". Tubbo assured the woman that they would meet her after they changed clothes and ran down the hallway to his room, Tommy trailing him all while laughing at his situation. In Pogtopia, his family never bothered with dressing the part of royalty. He never would have imagined that while staying in Manberg, his sworn enemy's kingdom, he would be dressing in luxurious velvets and simmering gold for a simple meal. Once Tommy reached his room, he noticed that the area had been invaded. His pack of clothing had been hung in the wardrobe as well as his bedding being tucked and neatened. What did catch his attention was the red and white tailcoat lying across his pristine bed. After a moment of shocked wonder, running his calloused hands across the elegant fabric, he threw it on and rushed out the door. "We're late Tommy!" A voice shouted as the shape of his friend sprinted past him, his polished black shoes clicking down the marble hallway. Tommy took off after him, matching his pace and running alongside Tub as the two arrived at the dining hall's grandorious doors. They paused a moment catching their breath before Tommy pushed the door open for the other. Tommy suddenly felt a wave of nausea as the music from the ballroom erupted into his ears. Before him, roughly a hundred hierarchy sat conversing or danced around the open floor space. Tubbo sighed silently enough for Tommy to hear. "I'm sorry Tommy. I didn't know father was having a meeting today." Tommy's mind was reeling. "A meeting? This is a... meeting?" The brunette giggled and led the way to the front of the long, golden table, taking a seat next to his father who sat perched upon his golden lava throne. Tommy shuffled uncomfortably next to him until Tubbo motioned for him to take a seat. As the two boys sat, watching the ever growing intoxicated crowd of nobles flock and fumble over each other in disgust. "Do you like your present?" Tubbo asked, pulling the blonde from his judging glare at the crowd. Tommy turned to the other in surprise. "The coat? It's beautiful, thanks." He mumbled slightly, Tubbo simply laughing and turning back to looking across the room. Specks of gold caught Tommy's eye, shimmering from around the goat prince's horns and dangling from his ram-like ears. "Oi, big T, what's all that?" Tommy questioned, guesting to his own head where a pair of horns would sit if he weren't himself. Tubbo reached up timidly before grimacing slightly. "They're my precastings. On coronation day, the next in line has to get their horns cased in molten gold as a part of initiation," He replied, snorting slightly as if it were a joke. "According to my father, my grandfather dunked his own horns while the lava was still heating the gold. My father however... he cased his own horns as well, told me it hurt like hell and wasn't for pussies." Tubbo slouched in his throne. Tommy dropped back into his own seat as well, overwhelmed by the noise in the room as well as the revelation of Manberg's barbaric ritual. Hours passed as the two princes sat side by side, eventually excusing themselves once most of the adults had passed out or had escaped back into their carriages. As they stood from the table, Jschlatt held his hand out to Tubbo, shocking both the boys into stillness. "Tubbo, my boy." He slurred out, alcohol creeping into the man's ever growing accent. Tommy cringed slightly but Tubbo leaned into his father's embrace, wrapping an arm around the older man. Tommy could swear he heard the emperor sob quietly into his son's shoulder before pulling away, a dim glimmer in his eye from fresh tears or the booze. "Tubbo, I'm so proud of you. I heard about your practice thingy in with Bad and Skeppy." Schlatt smirked as he began to laugh obnoxiously. "Same with you Tommy, son of Phil. I heard you both did wonderfully!" Tommy was struck for a moment, overwhelming pride and a growing ego rising in his chest at the praise. Schlatt however yawned slightly and checked out into the pitch black sky that encased the windows surrounding the ballroom. "It's late boys. You better turn in soon, big day tomorrow." He yawned again before rising from the magma throne, stumbling at the change of gravity and slowly shuffling out the door, leaving the two boys behind. "His good when he wants to be." Tubbo smiled softly to himself, leading Tommy back out the door and stopped at their respective rooms. "Well," Tommy started, feeling a yawn overwhelm his clouded mind as sleep began to beg him closer. "Good night Tommy." Tubbo smiled tiredly. Tommy returned the gesture and closed the door behind him, immediately collapsing onto the neatly made bed as sleep took over his conscious thoughts.

Wind blew through the soft green grass, rustling the timid flower buds that lie sitting on the treetops. Tommy stared up at the cherry blossoms, hands behind his head and basking in the cool breeze that flowed with his hair. The serenity of Prime Mountain lingered in the air, but Tommy felt a hole in his side. Suddenly aware of himself, every joint in his body ached. He tried to sit up, slow panic rising in his blood, but his muscles lay tensed and unmoving. "Tub? Where are you?!" He screamed, his voice getting lost in the cherry scented wind that began to grow, whipping around his face to the point of painful chills. The clear blue sky that enveloped the prince's vision grew polluted, grey clouds rising from where Manberg lay as a deafening explosion emanated from the kingdom. Tommy could only listen in horror as screams echoed into the mountain range, fire crackling and more explosions tracing the screeching. After what felt like hours of listening to the massacre below him, the screaming finally fell silent as someone approached the paralyzed boy. Sweat pooled on his temple as the person blocked the sky from his view. Wilbur smirked down at his brother, half his face burnt to the point of un-identification, but his signature beanie and curly brown hair left unaffected from the fire. "Wilbur-" Tommy choked out, realizing at the moment he had been sobbing for so long all that was left was a sore throat and his numb mind. "Hello Tommy." His brother replied manically, his smile never faltering. Tommy moved to sit up again, this time lifting himself off the singed black grass that soaked his blonde hair in soot. The question he had for his brother died in his chest as the view of Manberg sunk into his line of sight. At the base of Prime Mountain lay the ruins of the castle, burnt bodies frozen at the edges of Manberg's borders. He felt himself gag slightly at the view, turning to Wilbur as the man sat next to him. "Wilbur....Tubbo?" He whimpered out, feeling guilt, fear rising with the bile in his stomach. Wilbur simply laughed and reached for an item tied to the older prince's belt. Tommy felt himself shifting in and out of consciousness as his brother untied the object and placed it in his lap. A single, golden horn lay on his legs, dried blood crusted at its base and scorched black from near impact of the explosion. It dawned on Tommy as he sat frozen, staring down at the lone ram horn, that he knew exactly where the explosion was triggered at. "T-tubbo?" Tommy sobbed, his shaking hands reaching around the last remains of his friend, bringing it to his chest as Wilbur began to laugh. "He's now the king of a fucking crater."

Tommy was jostled awake, yelling out and swiping at the hands on both his shoulders. "Tommy! Tommy calm down! It's me!" Tubbo cried out, retreating his hands as the other curled in on himself. It took the two a few seconds for the blonde to relax before he realized his situation. "Tubbo!" He pulled the boy into an embrace, clinging to his back as tears soaked the goat prince's pajamas. "Tubbo, jesus fucking christ..." Tubbo simply patted his friend's back, letting the boy pull back once his tears stopped and he composed himself. "Do you want to talk about it?" Tubbo asked, earning a slight shutter from the other. Tommy sighed heavily and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "I-... Wilbur blew up Manberg. On your coronation day. I couldn't...do anything. I felt so helpless. And after all the screaming had stopped, he came up to me and gave me... he gave me your horn Tubbo! Your severed fucking horn!" Tommy shook as he relieved the experience, angry that he was being this vulnerable when he was supposed to be the strong one of the two. "Oh god. That- Tommy I'm sorry. It was only a dream, Wilbur would never do something like that." Tubbo assured the other, smiling slightly, trying to convince Tommy of his brother's false intentions. Tommy offered a fake smile and agreed with his friend, lying back down to try and get more sleep. Instead, greeted by the echoing screams of Manbergians as his friend retreated back to his room, purple night sky encasing Tommy as more tired tears ran along his cheeks.