Far From Home

Hours turned to days, days turned to weeks, until Tubbo shifted in his hospital bed nearly three weeks after his arrival to Pogtopia. Niki ran to alert the youngest prince before the kingdom had begun to wake. Their footsteps traced in moonlight, the two ran through the marketplace towards the sleeping castle as lights began to light up the waxy window panes. "Niki, you saw him right? He is awake?" Tommy shouted to the maid as she heaved the giant, wooden door open for the boy. "Yes! Yes, of course! I wouldn't have woken you if I hadn't! You're the first to know of his waking, as your request." She shouted back as they sprinted up staircases and through winding hallways until the door to the infirmary was within sight. The door itself was slightly ajar, candle light flooding out into the darkness of night. Tommy halted his pursuit, pausing far in front of the open room, facing down the terrified person that stood in it's frame.
"You-" Tommy began before the figure bolted, running off in the other direction of the prince and maid. "Wait! Please, we won't hurt you!" Tommy called as he chased down the fleeing prince. They continued their running until Tubbo fell prey to a dead end, cornered as the blonde prince approached him slowly. Niki hushed a gasp as she noticed the trail of blood that followed the goat prince up to his red stained shoulder. Upon noticing his injury, Tubbo grimaced and clutched the bleeding wound, retreating back further against the wall.
"Please, you're going to keep hurting yourself if you don't trust me." Tommy pleaded, raising his hands up to show his lack of a weapon. Niki looked back at the boy in shock, surprised by his worried and caring attitude.
Tubbo hissed in pain and clutched his shoulder tighter, glancing between the two Pogtopians. "I DONT trust you, that's the problem. How did I get here? Who are you people?" He attempted to yell, his voice only coming out scratchy and weak, much to his displeasure.
Before Niki could attempt to comfort the enemy prince, Tommy took a step closer to his shivering form. Tubbo slinked backwards and shifted uncomfortably as his shoulder began to tear open more. Tommy reached the shorter boy and offered a smile. "I promise, as long as I am in Pogtopia, nothing and nobody will harm you." Tubbo stared up at the blonde, disbelief and hesitance written on his features. He was in a conflict with no exit he wanted to travel. The easiest one being to follow the strange boy and get his wound fixed again, maybe staying long enough to figure out where he was.
He nodded slightly to Tommy, who's smile grew more. Niki stifled a giggle, making Tommy's smile drop to an unreadable expression, much to Tubbo's confusion. "Niki, fetch father and Techno. We will give Prince Tub a minute to get patched up before I allow Wilbur anywhere near him, am I understood." Tommy snatched Tubbo's wrist as he dragged him back the way the group had run and away from the woman who stared at their retreating figures in shock.
The two princes continued on in silence until Tubbo caught sight of the open infirmary doors, glancing up at the stone-cold features of the blonde boy leading him. "Who are you?" He whispered out making Tommy jump slightly. He shifted slightly, letting go of Tubbo's wrist and dropping into a bow. "I am Prince Tommy Soot, the next ruler of Pogtopia and head of the disc library. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance." Tubbo stared back at the boy, emotions flashing across his face. This boy, the one who saved his life, was his sworn enemy, the one person he was raised to fight. "Don't worry. I know who you are, Prince Tub of Manberg." The blonde explained as he led the other into the hospital, Tubbo following wearily. Within the empty infirmary, Tommy pulled out a rolled bandage and alcohol, motioning for Tubbo to sit in front of him. As he sat and pulled the blood-stained shirt over his shoulder, he could feel the other prince's eyes silently judging the scars that left puffed patterns lacing his shoulder. He shifted uncomfortably under the gaze, Tommy noticing immediately and apologizing. "So, Big T; do you mind if I call you that? Anyways, what's with the goat horns?" Tommy attempted to start a conversation as he wrapped the other boy's shoulder. Tubbo, taken aback by the blunt question, began to laugh. Tubbo genuinely laughed for the first time in years. "You- you can't just ask why I have horns?! What does that even mean?" He said through giggles. Tommy laughed as well and shrugged slightly. "I don't know! I'm just trying to get you to talk. I feel kinda bad that my brother did this to you so I'm trying to lighten the mood!" Tommy replied, Tubbo recalled the similarities between the two boys after their ambush. "Do you treat all your hostages this nicely?" Tubbo joked. Tommy jumped up from his seat, making Tubbo flinch back in surprise. "I am not nice! I'm a ruthless leader who doesn't take hostages!" Tommy shouted, aimed more so at himself than anyone in particular. Tubbo stifled a laugh. "Then what am I?" Tommy opened his mouth to retort, but found no words to answer. He sat down defeated as the brunette laughed his ass off. The door creaked open, the two princes falling quiet as the King and oldest prince entered the room, tired but surprised at the ruckus coming from the lit room.
"Tommy? Niki woke us up nearly crying? What happened?" Phil asked, voice laced with concern for the two boys. Tubbo was hit through the heart by the enemy king's reaction, his worry for both the princes even if one was an imposter among the loving kingdom.
"Sorry to wake you two, but Big T woke up!" Tommy exclaimed, gesturing to the patched up prince that sat beside him. Techno's eyes narrowed at the boy, a cold shiver running up his spin at the glare, but King Philza broke the staredown with an exasperated sigh of relief.
"Oh thank god. Prince Tub, it's a pleasure to have you here. I hope my son didn't offend you in our absence." Tommy huffed in annoyance at his father's excuse, earning a confused noise Tubbo. "Oh, he's been nothing but polite? I believe he's been nice to me this entire time?" Tubbo questioned himself as a reply to the King. Phil and Techo both looked at Tommy in surprise, making the prince erupt in a fit or embarrassment. "Do you both expect so little of me! I can be nice when I want to!" He yelled at the two, who still looked at him silently. "Oh shut up, both of you!" He grumbled, sitting back down into the chair. The king and oldest prince took seats next to Tubbo as well as the family continued their banter, Tubbo finding comfort in watching the homely interaction, and smiling to himself.

The room fell quiet as the door flew open once more to reveal a dishevelled prince Wilbur and Niki, who looked out of breath from running around the castle all night. Tommy stood up as his brother strode across the room to the group. Tubbo felt the air get tense the closer the prince got to him. Tommy moved in front of him and stood his ground between the two. "I didn't ask you to come here." The blonde prince grumbled to which Wilbur rolled his eyes. "I came to apologise, Tommy. Get off your high horse." Tommy moved to his left slowly, letting Wilbur reach Tubbo's bed. The two stared at each other before Wilbur collapsed into a deep bow. The room watched the man as he shook slightly. "Prince Tub. I am extremely sorry for my attack on your life. I was doing it to protect my brother but now realize I was in the wrong. Please forgive me." Tubbo stared at the man's head before turning to Tommy for help. The boy simply shrugged, not much help at all. "It's alright, sir. I am at your mercy now and your hospitality is apologies enough." Tubbo replied. Wilbur stood up straight as Niki sighed out in relief.
"Well now that that's all settled," Niki spoke up, earning everyone's attention, "Breakfast is ready."

Manberg had fallen to a state of unrest as search parties scoured the surrounding land for any trace of the lost prince. Schlatt had been locked in his castle ever since King Eret, Sir Bad, and Sir Skeppy reported back that Tubbo had vanished during their morning walk. The emperor held daily meetings with the war council, trying to make a connection between his son's disappearance and the war that continued to get closer to Manberg territory.
Bad B. Halo entered the vast throne room, his steel shoes clicking against the marble floor as he made his way across the room to where Jschlatt sat. He was surrounded by men making plans of attack and search party reports, excusing them all as Bad reached his throne. He fell to his knees before the emperor.
"My lord, I believe I have found someone and something that may lead to the young master." The knight reported to the goat king, who stood suddenly at the news.
"Who?! What have you found?!' Schlatt demanded, making Bad rise from his spot. He instructed a man adorned in a decorated orange uniform to step forward into the room. The man reached Schlatt's pedestal, an orange fox tail sweeping around the man's stocky legs and his large canine ears twitching forward slightly as he presented the emperor his findings, a purple feather drenched in blood.
The fox man bowed slightly and stepped back from the throne. "I found it at the prince's garden atop Prime Mountain during a search party. The feather belongs to King Philza of Pogtopia and the blood matches the scent of prince Tub." Schlatt held the feather between two fingers, scowling at the crusted blood that encased the quill. "What's your name, soldier."
"Private Fundy, my lord."
"Fundy, I'm placing you in charge of retrieving my son. That is the highest priority. He is the next and only future ruler of Manberg. If you fail at this task, you and your men will be killed for treason. Do you understand?" Jschlatt held his hand out to the fox man who immediately took it in his own and shook, signing away his fate.
"For Manberg."