Chapter 3: encountering Wrath

A/n: hello my fellow readers here is the next chapter to this story. now if anyone is curious on where Dante, Vergil and Nero are the way I have it is this Nero is with Death helping hi, clear War's innocence and bringing back humanity. Dante is with Strife cause I thought those two would get along also I am not sure what Strife was up to and Vergil is with War that's how I put it. now let the chapter begin.

Y/n's pov

after obtaining the bridge me and Fury head towards the elevator to head down to the lower parts of the city to continue the search for the Sins. but before heading down Ulthane stops me just before I could get on.

Ulthane: before you go Y/n. take this.

he then tosses me a gun as I catch it with no problem once it was in my hands I got a good look at the gun as I notice Fury took a glance, but is surprised seeing the weapon.

A/n: not mine

Fury: Mercy?

Y/n: you know this weapon?

Fury: it's one of the weapons my brother Strife uses.

Ulthane: aye, but it's not the real one. it more so a replica made by Strife.

Y/n: but why give it to me?

Ulthane: you'll need as much fire power you can get. the Sins are not going to go easy on you.

I nod to him as I placed the gun in an extra holster in between my usual pistols and got on the elevator heading down. as he head down the Watcher speaks to us without manifesting herself in front of us.

Watcher: he is certainly committed to his cause.

Fury: Ulthane? he is blind to what truly matters.

Y/n: and what does "truly matters?"

Fury: taking out the Sins.

Y/n: your too simple minded. there are other things than what you have to do.

Fury: whatever, but he does love the sound of his own voice.

Y/n\Watcher: *mutters* unlike a certain red head next to me/not like anyone I know.

Fury: you two say something?

Y/n: oh nothing red head beauty.~

she then rolls her eyes at my comment as I just chuckle once we reached the bottom we leave the elevator to see another plate to summon Vulgrim. we then went up the hill, but where being charged by lesser ghoul like demons which me and Fury make quick work of themsince they were the weakest alone, but annoying in numbers. along the way we grabbed some kind of shards which I grew curious about.

Y/n: what's this?

Fury: looks like materials that can be used to enhance our weapons. make sure you can grab as many as possible you may never know when they could come in handy.