Review #13 : What We Left Behind

A sort of disclaimer for intolerant and butt hurt lads.

I recognize the time and effort of the writer and their dedication towards their work. I don't intend to insult or mock their work in anyway. I just intend to give an honest review of how I feel and see the book. My review wouldn't be applicable after they've edited their book, so don't be the dumbass who wages a war about my review being stupid. Definitely contains spoilers.

TITLE: What We Left Behind

Author: 

Title and Cover – {7.5/10}

The title adequately represents the story and the cover clearly works to represent the idea of a different planet and mysterious boy. However, it does appeal more to the idea of a whirlwind romance and not so much the sci-fi aspect. But, the cover is beautiful.

Blurb/Summary – {7.5/10}

The blurb is dramatic, well-structured and left on a cliffhanger to explore more. It has quite a few interesting pieces of information which makes me want to know more. At the same time, it hints at various clichéd cues and reminds of a hundred other stories that have similar phrasing. Since, this is subjective, it may not interest me, but might interest others.

Grammar and Vocabulary – {9.5/10}

Flow and Pace of the Story – {7/10}

The story was slow paced, some emotional scenes seemed stretched and mulled beyond reasonable point.

Detail/Description – {9/10}

The description of the new world was transitioned beautifully and her discomfort highlighted. However, the emotional scenes have been mulled over and stretched in some places like the prologue.

Overall Story – {8/10}

The story is intriguing and develops interest into this new world and how Fei will find herself in it, considering the impending doom.

Cliffhangers – {6/10}

Even though there is a larger question to ask, the chapters don't end in a cliffhanger.

Originality – {7/10}

Character Development – {7.5/10}

The story has set up a lot of room for a character journey, however, it does seem predictable.

Overall Score: 69/90