Chapter 8

After stopping Gridlock everyone was gathered at the cortex watching Gridlock being taken into custody by the police. Watching tv Iris spoke up, "Well, Gridlock's off to Iron Heights' meta wing." Wally continued, "Where he won't be moving from for a very long time." Barry nodded and looked at his kids to speak, "Thanks to your help. I'm glad we got to team up." Hemry nodded and Nora said, "We too." and all three of them smiled at each other. Cisco came into the cortex and announced, "Ladies and gentleman, say hello to the tachyon absorption enhancers now complete with completely recalibrated Time Bureau technology." Caitlin continued, "We haven't tested it yet, but it should counterbalance the negative tachyons in Henry's & Nora's cells." Cisco handed each of them one enhancers each and said, "Here you go, Billy Pilgrims. Consider yourself unstuck in time." Nora nodded and Henry asked, "So we can run home now?" to which Cisco nodded but was interrupted by Barry taking the enhancers from his kids and speaking, "Or... maybe we hit pause on this thing." to which Iris asked confused, "You want Nora to stay?" Barry nodded so Cisco asked, "Um, yeah, I thought getting her home was our priority." Barry looked at him and said, "No, it is, I just-- now, I'm thinking that maybe we should make sure their powers are working correctly before we send her home." Iris asked not convinced by him, "And what about the timeline?" to which Barry replied, "It's risky, but I don't know. I mean, Wally and I were talking about it." Wally continued, "Yeah, the Legends have a theory. Uh, there are some historical events that are soft." seeing Iris's confused look he continued, "Basically, you change those, it's not going to affect much else, like catching Gridlock late. And then, there are those that are fixed. You mess with them, and all sorts of craziness starts to happen." Barry continued, "Like the night my mom died. Changing that created Flashpoint." everyone nodded to this and now Iris spoke up, "It looks like Nora and Henry are gonna need a place to stay." Caitlin suggested, "You are always welcome at my place since I've 2 spare bedrooms." the kids looked at each and Henry said, "How about we check out the lounge?" Nora continued, "If it's anything like the future one we can stay there." Everyone looked at each other in confusion and Iris spoke up, "What lounge?" the kids took them to a dark room. When they entered they turned on the lights and said together, "This lounge." Barry was shocked and said, "Ah." as soon as the lights turned on Joe who was resting there, saw all of them and said, "Damn." Iris was surprised to see her dad there and exclaimed, "Dad." so Joe continued, "You found my spot." Iris asked him, "You knew about this?" Joe replied, "I've been napping in here since day one." everyone nodded in surprise and Barry spoke up, "Cisco could you please remind to check out the complete facity someday." Cisco nodded. Iris spoke up to Joe, "Uh, well, Nora and Henry were gonna stay here, if that's all right with you." Henry spoke up, "Well I think we'll take up Caitlin's offer to stay with her and Frost" Caitlin spoke up, "Oh okay and thanks for help with Frost by the way." to which the kids smiled and Nora spoke up, "No problem, always there to help." to which Caitlin just smiled and nodded. Joe spoke up, "Okay, well, now I can get to know my grandkids." to which both nodded.

After some time Barry and Iris were talking at the balcony, Joe, Wally and Henry were talking at couch and Caitlin, Cisco and Nora were talking at the counter at the lounge. He saw Cisco do something with his face to which Nora and Caitlin smiled. When he saw Nora and Caitlin smiling together something triggered in his mind and he went inside the lounge from the balcony and announced, "Henry and Nora I wanted to talk to you about something could you two meet me in the time vault in 5 minutes." the kids looked at each other then looked back at their father and nodded. Barry turned to his wife and said, "I'll be right back." Iris looked at him in confusion but nodded. He then walked out of the lounge to go to the time vault.

On reaching the time vault, he activated Gideon and said, "Gideon I want to have a private talk to Nora and Henry so could you please help keep it private. That means it shouldn't be recorded and no one but me and my kids should be here." to which Gideon replied, "Alright creator. Is that it?" to which Barry nodded and spoke, "That's it Gideon. Thank you." and Gideon deactivated. Now the kids entered the time vault and the doors locked down as soon as they entered the Time Vault.

They both were startled on as the time vault locked. Seeing them surprised and shocked Barry spoke up, "You aren't Iris's kids, are you?" both kids looked at each other in shock but then Henry spoke up, "No we aren't." Barry asked them, "You are Caitlin's kids?" Nora spoke up, "Yes dad." as soon as Barry herd yes from his daughter he went forward and hugged them tightly as tightly as he could. The kids were surprised to see this reaction from him. After a minute Barry broke the hug and the kids saw his happiness and asked him, "Not that we aren't happy but aren't you a little disappointed that you don't have kids with your wife?" Barry smiled at this question and replied, "No, not at all. If anything I'm beyond happy that I end up with Cait." the kids were shocked hearing this.
---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys next part is gonna be Barry explaining himself to the kids. So enjoy.