🔎 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜: 𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖 🔍

Start from the beginning

"(Y/N)! What are you doing here? Why are you so exhausted? Are you... crying?" You didn't respond to any of his questions. Instead, now that you knew you were at least somewhat safe, you started crying again. You brought your legs up to your chest and buried your face in them. Wellington could see your back raising up and down in shaky breaths. His whiskers twitched and he moved over to you.

He 'meowed' and rubbed his face along your legs and arms, trying to at least get you to look at him.

"(Y/N)... please look at me. It doesn't matter that you're crying, just let me know you're ok" He said, sounding quiet but distressed. You looked up, your face and eyes almost completely red from crying, with both tears and tear stains running down your cheeks. Wellington gave you an sympathetic look and looked around hurriedly.

"You stay here. I'll be right back" As quick as a flash, Wellington had dashed off down the alley, quickly escaping your sight. As soon as he left, you placed your face back into your lap to proceed crying. After losing both (best friend's name) and Dave, you were feeling really alone, you had known them for as long as you could remember, and Dave had become an older brother to you over time.

'I swear... when I find whoever killed them... I'm going to... well, I'm not allowed to say what I want to do... But let's just say it would involve a sharp knife, a needle and a cheese-grater, preferably a small one'. Though you were sad, you also felt anger. Who would do something like this? Where they trying to get rid of everyone in your life? Were they even trying to hurt you by doing this?

You froze as you heard footsteps running towards you, and you almost shrieked when you felt something being draped across your shoulders. You looked up and saw Amelia staring at you with a deeply concerned look. You were startled for a few moments when you realised she no longer had her coat on. You looked at your shoulders to see Amelia had wrapped her rather warm and comfortable coat around you.

"Come on, (Y/N). Here take my hand" Amelia stood up and offered her hand to you. You took a few shuddery breaths and grasped her hand in yours. You felt your heart flutter as she helped you to your feet. You were about to say something about the fact she was still holding her hand when she squeezed it and started back to the closest secret entrance. Amelia looked back at you with a grin

"You look good in my clothes, y'know? You can keep that one, by the way, I got lots of them" She winked then looked forward again. You were glad your cheeks were already red from crying, otherwise there was no doubt that Amelia would notice your extremely flushed cheeks. With you one free hand, you gripped the cloak tighter to your body. You smiled, realising that it also still faintly smelt like her, you could tell because that's how your clothes smelt when she gave them back to you.

"We need to be careful. Wellington told me he saw the murderer around here not too long ago?" You instantly felt your panic levels increase, and you subconsciously started walking closer to the detective. She held your hand a little bit tighter, trying to calm you down.

"Can you tell me who the murderer is?" You sheepishly asked her. Amelia stayed silent for a few seconds before she turned around to look at you.

"Sorry, author says we have to keep it a secret from the readers. Even if I do say it, the author will just redact it" She explained. You nodded and just kept walking.

The ticket vendor was in a different place this time, tucked away further in the alleyways by an abandoned set of buildings that no one ever came out to anymore, not even the animals.

"You still got that coupon on you?" Amelia had stopped right in front of the vendor with you, your hands still intertwined. You rummaged around your pockets before pulling out the little piece of paper.