• Preparation •

(A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating, so here's Achim to compensate 😖)

Achim looked down at her feet before asking. "What... do you do when a sibling is neglecting you?"

Hatz raised his eyebrows at her question though he wasn't looking at her and he gingerly set his sword down. There was an awkward silence. "S— sorry, I just thought.. that you know, you could tell me something about family stuff that has to do with your bushi—!" Achim spluttered, waving her hands around, but the black-haired male interrupted her.

"No, it's not you," Hatz shook his head. "I was just thinking of how to explain it to you."

"Oh," breathed, her shoulders relaxing.

"... this situation... has to do with Bam, doesn't it?" Hatz asked slowly and cautiously, not wanting to overstep his boundaries. "You don't have to tell me what happened if you don't want to, though it does help me explain to you what to do."

Achim stared blankly and Hatz gazed back expectantly. "Well, that was pretty obvious huh?" Achim chuckled. "You know the girl from another test area? The one named Michelle Light, or as Bam calls her, Rachel?"

Hatz nodded. "Bam has been chasing her ever since he came to the Tower. He's uneducated about this whole thing, so I thought... you know, give him some insight and be a shoulder that he could lean on. Plus, I get bad vibes from Rachel, so I'm obviously I'm going to be defensive about it. But then, he always brushes me off, saying he doesn't really need my consolation. This might sound very childish, but now... I'm not so sure if he even is my sibling now. Not that I know how siblings act of course, since I didn't even meet him until the first test. So... if that's not negligence, what do I do?" Achim huffed, slapping her hands over her face.

Hatz's eyes widened slightly at her openness but then frowned a little. "Not that I'm saying that I'm going to do something, but aren't you a bit too trusting?"

Achim shot him a flinty look. "Listen, I can tell who's a good person or not, so you don't need to worry about me. I also signed your friends' list because you are a good person, so now I'm your friend. I can confide in you as all friends do, but you betray someone I'll just hunt you down."

He chuckled, making Achim roll her eyes. She could see why Endorsi and Serena called him very attractive, he was probably just as handsome as Khun now that she had heard him laugh. Ah, well, they are both good-looking in their own way. "Interesting," he grinned. "But if you don't mind me asking, why not just ask Earrings?"

Achim hummed and stared distantly at the beautiful landscape over the balcony. "Aguero was part of the Khun family, so he doesn't have the best upbringing and the paternal love you're supposed to get."

"No wonder he's such a jerk," Hatz muttered under his breath, making Achim smile.

"I apologize on his behalf."

Hatz cleared his throat. "Well, in this case, he's being a little clingy to Rachel and you're a tiny bit indecisive. He's like this because of Rachel's influence, no?"

"Well... yeah..."

"Then you're gonna have to influence him," Hatz responded. "Bushido's art taught soldiers the important secrets of life, how to raise children, how to dress, how to treat family and other people, how to cultivate personality, things related to finances. If you are honorable, you would put your family's safety over your chemistry with each other, though good chemistry would guarantee more of their safety, no? You guys don't necessarily have bad chemistry either..."

Have I gone mad to the point where I childishly get an ethics lecture? Achim pursed her lips into a thin line and sighed. "Alright."