• The Night •

(Credits to me ^^)

Achim opened her eyes to find herself once again on the filthy ground— something she hasn't lay on in 3 years, now with Jinsung Ha raising her. She sat up slowly, observing the streaks of yellow and orange tall grass that endlessly traveled around her in acute detail. The Floor of Tests... am I right? she wondered in her head. The endless blue clear sky stretched over her, rocks and mountains occasionally popped up on the ground. Achim was grateful to only live in that dark hole for only an hour. "Did Bam also have to go through that?" she asked softly to herself. She desperately wanted to see him soon.

She patted her waist where her charm hang, and felt the vertical bump of the parasol next to it and let out a sigh of relief. After was seemed like forever, a lighthouse whirled over the vast test area and a voice projected out of it. "Mic test! Mic test! One, two, three! Hello Regulars, welcome to the second floor, Evankhell's Hell. We are going to conduct another test— I'm going to explain the rules, so listen carefully! There are total of 400 regulars here. Please reduce that quantity to 200 regulars within the time limit. You may use any means necessary, and the test will end once the amount of Regulars is at 200. You could check the time and the amount of regulars left on your Pocket. That would be all, and good luck!"

"Seriously? A battle royale?" Achim sighed. "Well, all I gotta do is survive until 200 of us are left, right?" She stood up and dusted off her skirt only for a long sword to narrowly miss her by centimeters. "Oh, already?" she said, side-stepping another slash by the sword.

"Obviously! Do you think you could get away with just standing around in a fighting arena with that pretty face and fancy threads of yours?" the man attacking her exclaimed angrily. "Don't make me laugh!"

Achim puffed out her cheeks and pouted, taking out her "chopstick" and dashing at the man.

"You don't think that little thing will so much leave a scratch on me, will it?" he let out a hysterical laugh as he parried the swipe of a chopstick with the side of his sword. Achim ignored him as she took the split second in midair to kick his legs under him. He fell to the ground with a thud and let out a yelp as Achim's chopstick was plunged into his chest. Achim made sure she hit his main artery and stepped in his stomach for reassurance of his death. At least that's what her master always told her to do. But killing just seems so... wrong... and it feels... weird. "I'm sorry, but rest in piece," she whispered before wiping the blood off her chopstick on his clothes.

She twirled it swiftly around her fingers and held up her parasol above her head, shielding the blue sky away from her head as she aware that people were standing on the rocks with guns and bow and arrows. The umbrella would protect her. "Visible mode," she whispered, and her Pocket came to view instantly, with the number 362 on the face of it. 362 regulars left, I've gotta get going, she thought.

"Woah!" Achim yelled as her umbrella was knocked forward by some mysterious force. She rolled out of the way just as a giant compression weapon was thrown at her. She quickly closed her umbrella and held it in a stabbing position just in case the ballroom came crashing onto her again. The adult who had the weapon clicked his youngest and jumped out of the way as a spear came barreling over Achim's head and straight at him. "Why, you..!" the man growled, now completely ignoring her and ran at the other person who threw the spear.

"Damn... I can't even make a contract with the administrator right now," Achim muttered under her breath, dipping the scene and keeping her head low into the grass. "I can't use shinsu at this point..."

☀️ ☀️ ☀️

Khun Aguero Agnis kept staring at that boy. THAT boy who immensely reminded him of Achim. He had the same chestnut-colored hair and same striking gold eyes. Not like it mattered. She left him in that stupid residence, so he wasn't going to even think about her anymore. So much for "going to the top together as friends". Until his eyes laid on that weapon in that boy's hand. The Black March. That needle would be recognizable anywhere! But the question was, why did that boy have it? It belonged to a princess of Jahad, no? Or maybe, if he borrowed it or something, why would the princess even bat an eye at him? Besides the fact that she probably thought the boy was good-looking, of course. "Ah, I'm too curious," he sighed.