Chp 2: Testosterone

Start from the beginning

He blinked up at you from the ground, seeing you in the volleyball team's track jacket,"f-f-female manager?! Am I in heaven?"

Well at least he was conscious.

"I can't believe we finally have a female manager!" Yamamoto exclaimed before laying back onto the ground, passing out unconscious.

Nevermind.

Needless to say it was an eventful practice. After Yamamoto was situated, Coach Nekomata approached you.

"y/n since it seems you're already acquainted with the team, how would you feel about becoming the team manager? Kuroo's been taking it all on himself and it would be nice to give him a chance to focus on the training camp we're planning with some of the other schools."

You glanced at Kuroo and thought back to the dark circles you noticed on his face.

Nekomata subtly glanced at the oversized jacket you wore, clearly recognizing it as the captain's.

"Although, I'm sure Kuroo will help you anyways... the rest of the boys too," he tacked onto the end slyly.

You tried to read Nekomata's impenetrable poker face, his smiling facade revealing nothing.

"He has been pushing himself lately," you noted.

Nekomata nodded, "He's a good kid, trying to get us to nationals and have another battle at the garbage dump. That's probably why he's putting so much into the upcoming training camp."

You agreed with Nekomata, recalling Kenma telling you about their school's old rivalry with Karasuno high school, which was from Miyagi, your hometown. Admiring Kuroo's resolve you figured it would actually be kind of fun becoming the team manager, besides you could spend more time with Kenma, although your stomach was flipping at the thought of spending time with a certain rooster-boy.

"I'd be happy to join, I'm not in any sports clubs so this is the next best thing for my college applications!"

Pleased, Nekomata held his hand out for a handshake, "welcome to the team y/n."

You returned his handshake, Coach Nekomata clapped to signal for the team to gather around.

"Boys, please welcome your new manager, miss y/n!"

Kuroo took a step forward, looking visibly surprised. He glanced at Kenma, standing next to him, who shrugged in response.

His gaze turned to you, neither of you breaking eye contact. "Welcome to the team y/n!" Kuroo loudly announced and bowed, the rest of the team following his lead.

Yamamoto began to pinch his cheeks, "Am I still dreaming?!" Before he collapsed again. This certainly was going to be an eventful practice.

By the time practice wrapped up the sun was beginning to set. Coach Nekomata had left and you finished putting everything away as the rest of the team went to change back into their school uniforms.

Lev was one of the first ones to come out of the changing room. "Y/n!" He yelled, throwing an arm around your shoulder.

"We're all gonna head to the convenience store before walking home. You're coming with right? We gotta celebrate you joining the team!"

"I guess, if everyone's going. But it's not like I'm a player or anything."

Kuroo suddenly appeared and shoved Lev to the side forcing him to remove his arm from you. "Nonsense you're just as important, if not more short stack! If Kenma is the brain, you're like the arteries that let us carry blood, so that the body can function properly."