Chp. 3 Serotonin

You were finishing packing up the rest of your stuff in your backpack when the door to your classroom swung open.

"Chiiibi-chan!" a familiar yet irritating voice called out. You didn't even have to look up to know whose teasing voice it was. However you did notice curious glances from your classmates, shifting between you and Kuroo who was casually leaning against the doorframe as if he hadn't just embarrassed you in front of all your classmates.

You rolled your eyes before walking towards him, "I told you to stop calling me that, rooster head!"

He smiled, showing off his canines, "And I told you to stop making fun of my hair, I guess we're at a stalemate."

"What do you want," you demanded, sounding more harsh than you meant to.

"Ouch, can't I just visit my dear friend?", Kuroo feigned hurt, hand placed over his heart. At your blank expression he sighed and continued, "Fine, delivery for a miss L/N."

You hadn't even noticed he had been holding something in his hand, he passed a red track jacket to you. "Your manager jacket came in today, welcome to the team, officially!"

"Thanks Kuroo!" He simply smiled and headed back to his own class.

When you returned back to your desk a couple of the girls you sat with on your first day swarmed you with questions.

"Oh my god, was that the captain of the volleyball team?"

"Are you guys dating?"

"Is he single? What kind of food does he like?"

You looked around panickedly, Kenma sparing you a pitying glance before turning back to his game. You had realized asides from the first question, you actually didn't know that much about Kuroo even though you had begun to spend a considerable amount of time with each other.

You tried to answer all of their questions as casually as possible, without sounding too awkward. "I'm just the team manager, I don't really know them well enough to play matchmaker yet," you laughed off, the girls' surrounding you were pouting and returned to their own business.

You turned to glare at Kenma who was sitting beside you, "Thanks for the help," you said sarcastically.

He glanced up at you, "Anytime," before snickering and returning back to his game.

"What was that about anyways," you whisper-yelled at him.

Kenma shrugged, "Some girls find him 'cute', he gets confessed to once in a blue moon, guess it's that time of the year again."

You didn't know how to answer, simply nodding although Kenma wasn't even looking at you. It wasn't like his fangirls were wrong, even you found him cute, still the thought irritated you. But you weren't about to let anyone know that, you'd never live the teasing down from the guys.

As if suddenly remembering something Kenma spoke up again, "By the way don't mention this to Kuroo, it's gonna get to his head again. Last time a girl confessed to him he wouldn't shut up about it for weeks."

You felt a tightening in your chest. "So, I'm guessing that means he went out with her?" you asked in the most uninterested tone you could muster.

"You'd have to ask him, I don't think so though, never saw her around," Kenma responded looking curiously at you.

A week had passed, and you lifted the last of the equipment out of the bus. It was finally the much-anticipated training camp held at Shinzen High, with the other powerhouse high schools in the Fukurodani Academy Group being invited. You had been told that an invitation had been extended to Karasuno as well this year.