Chapter 1

So this is my second story and I want to know what you think! 

Also I'll begin to post some songs that match the mood and idk,quotes. 

Life is messy. Love is messier. -- Catch and Release Chapter 1

I walked down the long hallway, dragging my blue dress, while my shoes made that annoying click clack, click clack making me want to rip them off and throw them to the nearest guard, whose eyes followed me until I entered the door to my right.

The library was freezing cold, and almost no light came from the window. I frowned. Didn't I tell Greg to close the window and open the curtains? I looked towards the window and saw that Greg had done the opposite. He had opened the window and closed the curtain.

I sighed. Seriously? I had to live with such incompetent people? Oh, don’t think I mean the castle’s servants. They are really nice. I meant my stupid cousin, Duke Gregorio.

I sighed and went to close the window. When I was in front of it, I saw the blue sky outside, with the green garden underneath it. I could see Mary and Jenna laughing hysterically at something Greg said. He was standing all mighty and cocky, as if he was God’s son or something, and I could see why. Mary and Jenna looked up to him as if he was an angel.

                I rolled my eyes. Greg could be so full of himself. I sighed and walked towards the door. I hesitated. If I went outside, Cameron would find me and drag me back to the Court Room with the Parliament, whose appointment I had “forgotten” today.

                I couldn’t go inside that room and hear those stupid old men with wigs tell me what to do! I had my own life.

I glanced at the mirror that was in the Library I was in. I looked at my reflection, my brown eyes staring back at me. My curly brown hair was pulled up in a simple half-pony tail, a blue ribbon being my only ornament. Then my eyes fell down to my white hands, which were amazing for playing the piano. The thought of it brought a smile to my face, and my eyes fell to my mouth. My red lips were small and rarely smiled now a day.

                They let out a sigh and I closed my eyes. I used to laugh and smile a lot, actually. About four months ago, there was no happier girl in the whole kingdom. I was cheerful and energetic and happy. I would skip around the castle, sneak into the kitchen and nibble on some sweet bread, while I had a very pleasant conversation with Fleur, the woman cook. She would let me taste her desserts and would always give me some extra sugar, which Mother strictly prohibited to me.

I would go to the barn, my favorite place. You would think why a girl of such a status and class would be doing in a barn. Well, James was there. He was the horse keeper. He would clean and stroke Lilia for me. He was the one who showed me how to ride like a man, obviously in secret; Mother would have a stroke if she knew her little princess was out ridding in the forest like a man, with a poor horse keeper by her side.

I really enjoyed his company, the way his green eyes would look at me when I was murmuring things into Rose's ear. I would blush slightly and giggle and he would smile and ask what I had I told Rose. I would smile devilishly and said it was a secret between me and Rose. He would pout and make puppy eyes and beg to know. I then would grin and say I would tell him if he closed his eyes and held out his hands. He would agree and do it. I would leave Rose’s brush in his hand, whisper in his ear “Rose needs a stroke” and would run as fast as my lady shoes would let me.

This was usual.

James would make my heartbeat go faster, and skip a beat.

I admit it. I was madly in love with James.

But that couldn’t be. Why? Because I was a Princess. I was Princess Karina, who had to marry Duke Daniel, a stupid arrogant duke, like every single person in this stupid damn castle.

I glanced at my stupid crown, sitting perfectly on my head. I groaned and ripped it off my hair and threw it to the other side of the room, the metal crashing with a bookcase and making it fall.

I then began to sob.

That stupid crown was the reason to all my problems. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That on the right is Karina Kent! 

(yeah Emma Roberts) 

anyways I entered this story for the watty awards, even though I doubt I'll even get popular on wattpad, I decided to give it a shot. 

So, yeah...