When You Try to Make Friends

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Kai's gaze jumped up to him, bewilderment and shock in his gaze. Did Gabriel also feel the same way about him too? Kai looked down uncertainly. One of the regrets he'd been carrying was his break up in high school. That was when his family had moved because his parents became more involved with his Uncle's gang. It'd been safer not to involve other civilians so Kai had broken up with Gabriel under the pretense that long distance wouldn't work. It seemed that after all these years, Gabriel didn't hold a grudge and wanted to get back together with him.

"Okay." He arched up to press a soft kiss on Gabriel's lips. He felt him smile and suddenly strong arms squeezed him lightly.

"Okay," Gabriel repeated, burying his face back in the crook of Kai's neck. His lips arched uncontrollably into a smile and he held Kai like he would a precious treasure. Kai had a sudden premonition in his heart.

"Since then, did you...date...anyone else?"

"...yes."

"Oh."

"I...tried to replace you," Gabriel said bluntly. "But no one could be you."

"Oh." Gabriel rose up, peering at Kai's face.

"Oh?" If he was truthful, his heart was a bit nervous.

"I'm sorry," Kai said awkwardly. He himself was pretty torn up about their break up. But unfortunately, he didn't want Gabriel to be entangled with that stuff. He wanted to protect him. After all, back then, they'd just been students. (Technically, he still was one but it was sort of a side thing)

"Don't be," Gabriel kissed his cheek. "You're here now." He smiled, genuinely and Kai was taken aback for a moment. His smile...it really was as bright as a star. On his usually cold face, such an expression made him seem more like an angel. "But-" Gabriel hesitated. "In a few days, I have to leave. For work."

"Where are you going?"

"The other city." Or in other words, the city that was thought primarily as the territory of the Crimson Moon gang.

"You...we just became boyfriends and you're already running away." Kai said jokingly.

"Do you want me to stay? I don't have to go." Seeing the serious look on Gabriel's face, Kai immediately denied.

"What do you mean? I was joking. How can you abandon your job so easily?" Kai pushed him away. "Go, go, go. It's better to pack now so you don't end up changing your mind." Gabriel laughed, pulling Kai back into his arms.

"Okay, I'll go. I promise." Gabriel smiled again. This person...really was too cute! He leaned down, capturing those unsuspecting lips in a slow, deep kiss. Kai arched into him, his blood singing. His body automatically rolled his hips as he squirmed and Gabriel's hand sharply grabbed his waist, pushing him down to create a gap. "You're really too much of a tease." He growled.

With pent up emotions released, the kiss got hotter and hotter. Although Gabriel was somewhat unwilling as to not hurt Kai because of his injuries, Kai stubbornly continued, chasing the pleasure. Gabriel's hand slid up his body, pushing up his shirt with it and revealing Kai's stomach and chest. Two pink spots adorned the pale expanse of skin on his chest and Gabriel immediately paused. Kai flushed in embarrassment, trying to tug his shirt back down.

"W-what are you doing?" Gabriel raised an eyebrow.

"I'm already your boyfriend. Am I not allowed to look?"

"Ah...look, you can look..." Watching Gabriel's fervent gaze, Kai turned his head away, covering his face. Why...why was his heart beating so fast?! Gabriel's warm palm suddenly slid downwards, touching the bruise on his stomach lightly. "Ah don't touch there!" Kai curled up like a shrimp, blocking his body. He wasn't afraid of the pain, he was afraid that if Gabriel continued touching, something would happen.

"Did I hurt you?" Gabriel immediately asked.

"No...no, it doesn't hurt." Looking at Kai's red face, Gabriel immediately understood and the corner of his mouth lifted up.

"I won't touch then, just look." He grabbed Kai's legs, forcing him to lay flat again. In his head, Kai was thinking, 'You still want to look? What else is there to look at...' Gabriel suddenly leaned down, placing a soft kiss on the bruise on his stomach.

"You...didn't you say you wouldn't touch?" Kai said in a tremblingly small voice.

"Hm. I'm not touching with my hands." 'What do you mean not touching with your hands?! Does it mean touching with your lips?! Kai was about to go crazy.

At this moment, the door popped open and an unfamiliar male looked in. "Boss, are you here-fuck!" The door slammed immediately and a loud voice came from the other side. "I didn't see anything. I'll be downstairs!" Following the words came the sound of rapid footsteps.

Kai, "..."

Gabriel, "..."

Kai hurriedly pulled down his shirt, sitting up quickly. "We should go downstairs..."

"Don't worry about him."

"But..." Kai's stomach rumbled again and Gabriel immediately changed his tune.

"Let's go downstairs. You must be hungry." He reached out suddenly and softly ran a thumb on the scabbing cut on the corner of Kai's lip. Kai licked it automatically, tasting the faint flavour of iron and salt. Ah, it must have reopened when they were kissing. Gabriel's hand dropped and le laced his fingers with Kai's. "Shall we?"

Kai nodded silently, looking down in satisfaction at their intertwined hands. His were slim and pale, engulfed by Gabriel's larger, tanner hands. The person was waiting expectantly downstairs, standing at attention like he'd seen his military trainer.

"Bos-!" The person immediately shut their mouth at Gabriel's look. He looked a little nervously at Kai and down to their intertwined hands. His gaze jumped away like they'd caught on fire. Occasionally, he glanced back at Kai, his expression unreadable. "This is...?" Gabriel had already given him another warning glance but Kai didn't see their exchange and had already introduced himself. "Ah...Nice to meet you. I'm Mark."

Kai smiled politely back at him. "So," Mark said casually. "What do you do?" This busybody had actually pretended to busy himself with unpacking the food when his boss was already sending him death glares.

"Ah...just some odd jobs really," Kai replied just as vaguely. It wasn't the whole truth but he wasn't necessarily lying either.

"Odd jobs..." Mark nodded, repeating his words.

"Mark." Gabriel said warningly. Unable to keep investigating this situation, Mark saluted Gabriel and left before he could be caught and beaten. After he left, Kai looked at Gabriel with a befuddled expression. What was...that? Gabriel waved it off. "My employee. He's a little strange." Kai nodded slowly. "Come one, let's eat."

A/N  So um, Malavita is supposed to mean 'underworld' in Italian but I'm not Italian and I don't know Italian so...it might be wrong.

Anyways, vote and comment

Until next time!