Part fortyseven

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Malfoy... yes certainly mr Malfoy" the man said with a shaky voice, and she figured he knew the history of the Malfoy family "and miss..."

"Ember" she said, stepping out.

"Whenever you're ready mr Malfoy and miss Ember"

The tufty-haired man walked off towards the front of the church and the two of them slipped into the room once more.

"Are you ready?" he asked her, grabbing the bouquet of flowers and handing them to her.

"Yes, I can't wait to marry you"

"Marry me" he laughed, shaking his head in amusement "yeah lets do it, lets go and get married"

He extended his hand out to her and she grabbed it. Together they made their way to the front of the small church, passing all the empty benches located in the isles next to them. A nun was playing the piano a softly as they walked up to the small ministry man who stood at the alter.

"We are gathered here today in Hogsmeade to celebrate the union of two faithful souls, miss..." the ministry man spoke as the nun stopped playing the piano.

"Ellie... uhm I mean Eleonora Nymeria Maribelle Ember"

"And mr..." the man spoke as the nun quietly slipped down to the bench in the first row, sitting down next to the priest who was witnessing.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy"

"We are gathered here to share a very important moment in Eleonora and Draco's lives" the small man spoke, holding onto a old book "marriage provides a deeper meaning and structure to a couple's love, it's a way to tell one another that no matter what happens, we are still in this together"

She glanced at the pale boy standing next to her, the boy she loved with all of her heart.

"Marriage is the most powerful commitment for two people to make to one another, it's a promise to have and to hold for an eternity, it is a promise of faithfulness for good and bad and a magical bond between two souls to become one"

Her hands trembled slightly as she held onto her bouquet of flowers, and Draco's familiar warmth radiated off his skin. 

"A good marriage must be built on the foundation of this commitment, for in marriage the love each person holds for the other is the center, for in marriage it's about both the little and big things in life" the tufty-haired man said, reading out of his small old book "it's about never being to old to embrace each other and hold hands, it's about saying I love you to your other half at least once a day, it's never going to sleep exasperated, it's about standing together to face the world, it is about acceptance and forgiveness, it's about speaking words of  appreciation and showing gratitude in thoughtful ways, it's about growing together"

She caught the pale boy glancing upon her, his bright eyes portraying something so pure and alluring. And she thought, never had he looked so exempt from anguish and restlessness, he looked truly happy.

"Today we witness Eleonora and Draco make this commitment to each other" the small man spoke, closing his book "have you prepared your vows?"

"Oh uhm no not really" she laughed, turning to look at the pale boy "but Draco you know how much I love you, you know just how much of a special place you hold in my heart and I could not be more delighted to marry you, even if the world around us is a roaring messy chaos, for I've come to realize that whatever our souls are made of yours and mine are the same, and I am so very thankful that you came into my life and made it so much better, I am so very grateful for everything with you, the good and the bad, and I couldn't love you any more than I do in this very moment"

She gazed upon him, noticing the wide smile that had spread across his pale face. He reached over and stroked her cheek gently with his fingertips.

"I haven't prepared any vows either so I'm just going to speak from my heart" he said, his eyes glued to hers "I never used to be able to speak from my heart before I met you, but you have taught me so many things my love, you have showed me kindness like no one else and you thought me to feel again, my heart is so full of you I could hardly call it my own nowadays"

She let out a laugh, looking at him adoringly. His hand fell from her cheek, and he grabbed a hold of her left hand, the one she wasn't holding her flowers with.

"I look at you right now and never in my life have I seen beauty like yours Ellie" he breathed, his eyes dancing over her "all I see is you, and I wish I could just stop time and stay in this moment with you forever, I don't need anything else, nothing else in this messed up world matters to me, I am so happy right now, I feel so happy, in fact I've never felt happier than in this moment right here with you, and I know that it has not been an easy journey here but I know that as long as you're by my side I will be alright for nothing scares me anymore, not when I know that I am yours and you are mine"

She fought back the tears as she looked at him, and the small ministry man next to them cleared his throat before he opened his old book once more.

"Lovely" the man mumbled "now let us remember that love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs, love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth, it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, love never fails"

"Love never fails" he whispered to her softly.

"Do you two have your rings?" the ministry man asked.

"Rings? Oh my god the rings Draco" she laughed.

"Don't worry my dear, I've got it all sorted out" he said as he let go of her hand and reached into his pocket to pull out a small black velvet box. He opened it to reveal two silver wedding bands with small glimmering stones engraved into them. He reached his ring over to her, and she took it with a smile.

"The bride and the groom will now exchange rings to symbolize their commitment" the man spoke "rings are derived from humble beginnings of imperfect metal to create something striking where there was once nothing at all, and from this day on the pair will wear their rings on their ring fingers as it is the only finger with a vein running directly to the heart, Draco please take Eleonora's hands and repeat after me"

The nun hurried up and took her bouquet before Draco grabbed both of her hands and held them in his. Draco repeated the words that left the ministry man's lips.

"I give you this ring, as a symbol of our love, for today and tomorrow, and for all the days to come, wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day and know that my love is present even when I am not"

A single tear rolled down her cheek as Draco placed the ring he had gotten her on her finger.

"Eleonora please take Draco's hands and repeat these words" the man said, and she took Draco's hands in hers and repeated the words.

"I give you this ring, as a symbol of our love, for today and tomorrow, and for all the days to come, wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day and know that my love is present even when I am not"

With a proud smile she slipped the silver ring on Draco's finger, trailing her fingers along his knuckles.

"Very well, you two have professed your love by exchanging your vows and you have symbolized your commitment by exchanging rings, with all of this there is just one more question I need each of you to answer" the small man said, glancing down at his book once more "Eleonora Nymeria Maribelle Ember, do you take Draco Lucius Malfoy to be your husband to live together in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do, of course I do" she said, another tear rolling down her cheek.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, do you take Eleonora Nymeria Maribelle Ember to be your wife to live together in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do, a million times I do"

The wizard presiding over the ceremony waved his wand over their heads, and a shower of stars fell upon their entwined figures. 

"By the power vested in me by the ministry of magic, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride"

He took a step closer to her, holding her closely. No more words came to them in that moment. However they didn't need words, they just looked at each other and smiled... for they knew. And with that he kissed her, and never in her life had she felt more loved than in this very moment.