49. Most Precious Trophy

Start from the beginning

Luna shoots up her eyebrows, realizing just now why she couldn't read her sister's mind during the times that Luna had copied Edward's mind-reading ability. Now, it all makes sense.

"You have a very powerful gift." Eleazar commented.

Suddenly, a few more vampires joined them, including Kate with a rather electrifying touch, and no, not figuratively speaking.

Kate took Bella's hand and used a high voltage of electricity meant to make people collapse to the ground, trembling.

"Oh, she's a shield, all right. That should've put her on her ass." Kate said, an impressed smile lingering on her lips.

"Or your voltage has been exaggerated." A nomad, Garrett, said as he looked at the blonde woman with hidden admiration.

"Maybe it only works on the weak." Kate taunted, holding her palm in front of Garrett as she challenged him.

Garrett couldn't help but wear an amused grin as he neared the woman, holding up a finger slowly making its contact with Kate's palm.

Everyone was watching intently, anticipating what they were so sure will happen.

"Garrett, I wouldn't." Carlisle said.

Garrett's finger made the slightest contact with Kate's palm and it already sent an electrifying shock to cover his entire body, making him grimace as he grunted and knelt to the ground, slightly shaking as he did.

Everyone else smiled and slightly laughed as Garrett proceeded to kneel on the ground.

The man looked up at the blonde vampire, a smile filled with adoration as his crimson red eyes gazed into Kate's golden brown ones.

"You...are an amazing woman." Garrett said, making the blonde vampire smile in return.

Luna once again felt excited as another relationship has blossomed in their area, causing her to raise her hand again, planning to hit her husband's arm repeatedly again. But before she could, she met Jasper's warning gaze and she had to lower her hand with a pout.

Jasper shook his head as a smile appears on his lips before pulling his wife into a hug.

Everyone proceeded to converse with each other, until they heard multiple swift gushes of wind through the forest and twigs snapping in every rapid step that they took. Their heads whipped to the direction they could hear all the other noises coming from deeper into the forest, some of them coming from what they can only assume as werewolves.

There were more vampires coming and they were sure that everyone they've invited was already there. So, whoever was coming was certainly not invited.

Luna and the others shared glances before they accompanied the werewolves in figuring out who exactly was coming in without any notice whatsoever.

They come across a bunch of werewolves growling at the two old vampires taunting them from a high ground.

"Vladimir, Stefan, you're a long way from home." Carlisle said.

Luna furrowed her eyebrows at the two vampires as their names were mentioned.

"The only Stefan I know is blonde and broody." Luna whispered to Jasper.

"What are they doing here?" Kate asked Eleazar.

"We heard the Volturi were moving against you. But that you would not stand alone." The ashy blonde vampire—Vladimir—stated with a Romanian accent rolling off his tongue.

"We didn't do what we're accused of." Carlisle spoke up.

Vladimir simply rolled his eyes before responding.