"Pyeha, the Crown Prince is here as you've requested."

"He may enter." The doors opened and in he stepped, his appearance making his chest grow tight. The left side of his face was turning black and blue and one of his eyes were starting to swell shut but the ferocity that dwelled inside of them seemed to paralyze even him for the briefest of seconds. Dressed in a red and gold hanbok, the shoulders resembled armor as if he'd just returned from war. A strong pattern was woven into the sleeves and further down the length of the robe. Delicate patterns of gold silk decorated the top and bottom half of the waist, leaving room for the ornate belt secured around his mid section.

Two decorative tassels hung down from the belt and with each step, they gleamed and shone brightly as a ray of sun in the room at midday. Hair having been put into a neat top knot, a matching head band hung down around his shoulders and teased the last bit of decoration on his person. A necklace, gold and heavy adorned his neck and chest, a circular disk in the middle as the focal point. He stood tall and firm, intimidation and power surrounding him as he approached them.

Swallowing, he stood as his youngest born slowly kneeled, eyes downcast at his feet.

"Arise." At once he did so, eyes lifting to his calves.

"So you've finally decided to return." His voice was filled with anger and it boomed and rasped like that of thunder.

"I have." Cheol-su answered, voice steady, calm yet firm.

"Having forsaken your country, your people and your family I must ask: was it worth the time away?"

"Not once have I forsaken you pyeha. The entirety of Goryeo has been on my mind this while. Still now and forevermore while I draw breath." That warranted a laugh from the King, his father but therein lied no humor. Stepping down from his throne, he stood but a couple steps away from him.

"Was the heart of Goryeo there in between her black thighs? Did you defeat our enemies with the heat of her body?" At the unusually uncouth inquiry from their father, Seo Jun smirked. He, however, only lifted his gaze, a stony stare not offering any such answer.

"Your brother has indeed had his way with you. While I can't say it's not deserved, I will say that it is inappropriate Seo Jun." That smirk drifted away from his mouth and instead he sneered.

"Only by your grace was he spared of more Father." Before either man could speak, the once closed doors of the room were cast open and in rushed his mother, a flood of gungnyeo behind her.

"M-My Lady...please wait!" Feet carried her away from the protesting women towards the gathering of men.

"Cheol-su!" Swallowing thickly, he lifted to his feet and turned to face her. A gasp ripped from her throat as she took in the bruised swollen flesh and once bloodied nose and lips.

"So you've returned to us at last Oppa-nim." Lifting his eyes away from the conflicted face of their mother, he set eyes onto Mishil who had appeared not too long after their mother. Setting eyes on her, he felt a deep pain rip his stomach apart. Who stood before him was not the innocent little girl of their childhood...nor a spoiled girl child. In her eyes existed what seemed like a thousand years and unspeakable horrors seen. Though she averted her gaze in an attempt to hide it, he had seen more than enough to know that in his time away something had happened...something that had changed her forever. She let a smile dance on her lips and bowed hefore him.

"Welcome home Oppa-nim. It hasn't been the same without you." Her words seemed full of weight and double meaning but he kept composure, allowing a soft crooked smile to appear. It was wiped away with a hard slap and he for a moment stood still, lifting eyes to his mother.