They briskly moved into the town, looking around. Ren tossed his backpack on the ground and moved ahead while the other three gathered in the middle of a road.

Ruby: There could be survivors!

Ren: Over here!

The other three rushed to where Ren was leading them. On the ground, sitting propped against a broken building wall, was a young man in armor. He breathed heavily and held his hand against a bleeding wound in his abdomen. Ren dropped by his side and put his hand on his shoulder.

Ruby: A Huntsman!

Jaune: What happened? Who killed all these people?

The dying Huntsman coughed in pain.

Dying Huntsman: Bandits. The whole tribe... Then, with all the panic...

The Huntsman could not finish and coughed repeatedly.

Ren: Grimm.

Ren stood and walked a few paces away, placing his hands atop his head. Ruby, Jaune, and Nora stepped away to confer.

Ruby: Alright, we can get him to the next village and try to find a doctor there!

Jaune: Yeah. Ren and I can take turns carrying him there.

Nora: I don't know if he'll make it.

Jaune: He will. He has to.

Ren turned back and walked over to the Huntsman.

Ruby: If we get going now, our chances will be better. I can run ahead and look for help!

Ren: Guys.

The other three turned and discovered that the Huntsman had already died.

Nora: Should we bury him?

Ren walked right past them without a backward glance.

Ren: We should go. It's not safe here.

Nora: Ren...

Nora turned and followed him. Ruby put her hand on Jaune's arm. He was looking stressed and sad.

Ruby: It'll be okay.

Jaune: I'm just tired of losing everything.

Ren stopped and looked at something on the ground, his eyes widening. A cloven hoof print was impressed into the ground. Nora came up to his side. She saw the same mark and her eyes also widened in recognition. The two of them silently made eye contact.

Weiss stood outside her father's door and listened to the discussion inside. She hesitated to put her hand on the door knob.

Jacques: I'm not talking about the good of my company; I'm talking about the good of Atlas, our entire Kingdom!

Ironwood: That is a load of garbage and you know it.

Weiss opened the door and peered in.

Jacques: I beg your pardon?

James Ironwood was sitting in a chair in front of a bookcase.

Ironwood: Jacques, will you please, just hear me out?

Jacques placed his glass down on the table roughly.

Jacques: You are a trusted friend and ally to this family, James, but what you're suggesting is absurd!

Ironwood: You are blowing it out of proportion.

Jacques: The council will never agree to it!

Ironwood: You forget, I hold two seats on the council.

Catch Me if You Can (Male Reader x Ruby Rose) RWBYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें