Ahsoka nodded and swiftly walked over to the door and entered the room. Anakin watched her with a smirk on his face, "Thank you," he told the medic.

"Anytime sir,"

Ahsoka smiled with relief as she saw Rex laying in the bed staring at the ceiling with a bored look, "Rex!" She said excitedly.

Rex looked towards the door and let out a sharp exhale, "Cyare,"

She quickly got to his bedside and this time he forced himself to sit up to give Ahsoka somewhat of a proper hug. She gave him a quick kiss to the crook of his neck and hugged him tighter.

"Ahsoka," Rex said, but he was slightly muffled, "You're squeezing the air out of me,"

"Oh," she released the hug, "Sorry," She gave him a peck on the forehead, "You have no idea how worried I was when Anakin told me what happened to you,"

"When did he tell you?"

"Only after he took you here, and he didn't even bother to tell me that he was going to Kamino, he just disappeared and didn't tell me anything," he could tell she was upset.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, I'll survive, I mean, I've survived worse. You know that,"

"I know, it just never gets any easier. How're you?"

"I'm.... okay. I don't feel the greatest and every time I try and sleep I get these flashbacks of Doom and stuff. Speaking of Doom, how is he?"

"We checked on him on our way here, he seemed fine. But he barely remembered what happened, all he could recollect was a few snippets of what happened,"

Rex nodded and he overturned his right hand so his palm was facing up. Ahsoka slid her hand between his palm and thumb and he started to rub her index finger, "No more bandages?"

"Yeah, the burns are pretty much all healed thanks to Kix,"

The skin where she got the grafts were a bit lighter than the surrounding skin, but it had minimal scarring, "Where's Skywalker?" Rex asked.

"Umm I think he was talking to the medic I'm not sure though,"

"Oh. Hey, uh, go to the utility belt I used and look in the pocket,"

Ahsoka gave him as confused look, "Okay..."

She walked over to the chair with the bag of armor and she rummaged through it. She found the belt and found the locker so she opened it up and smiled. Her shoto lightsaber was in there and she took it out, balancing the familiar weight in her hand, "Good, you didn't loose it,"

Rex smirked, "I would never loose your lightsaber, it's a good thing I had it though,"

"Yeah I-"

Ahsoka was interrupted by the door opening and Anakin came into the room with a smile across his face. Rex got some of his strength back and he pushed himself backward so his back was against the wall, "General," he acknowledged.

"Rex," Anakin nodded as we walked over to his bed, "I just got done talking to Hawk who got done talking with Fives. Apparently they managed to complete the mission as well as stopping more chips from being in the upcoming clones,"

"Wow it's like they don't even need me to command them,"

"They have done a good job, but they would've done it better if you were there,"

"Yeah I guess," Rex could see something was off with Anakin though, "Is there anything else?"

"Uh no why?"

"Because there's obviously something you're keeping from me,"

".... Stang Rex, how'd you know?"

"I don't need to be a Jedi to see the look on your face, and you forget, I'm used to picking out even the smallest of facial expressions and I know what they mean,"

"Look, I just—" he exhaled, "As you know, with every high, there is a low," Rex and Ahsoka looked at him skeptically, "I reported to the Council about the findings, and they...." he trailed off.

"They what?" Ahsoka asked.

"I'm so sorry, but both the Senate and Council agree that the cloning facility should be infiltrated, and that we should do our best to kill the brainwashed clones. And if it comes to it, completely destroy the place,"

"What?" Ahsoka said loudly, "But if it gets destroyed then the Republic would have no troops to fight this war. And-"

"I know. That's what I told them, but they said that would be the absolute last resort, and that it shouldn't come to that. We can't keep running Kamino with these clones, war is expensive, and we've already lost to many Jedi. Obi-Wan, Plo, and Shaak-Ti begged to differ with the decision, but they were out voted,"

"So that's it then," Rex said, "It's official we're going to invade the closest thing we clones have to a home, and kill our brothers," he chuckled bitterly, "That's not going to happen,"

"I figured you'd say that, but unless you could come up with a better idea, then this is pretty much the only way,"

Rex looked to Ahsoka and they both shared the same look of great unhappiness, but he had more desperation in his eyes.