Chapter 9

“VICTOR!” I screamed and shot up from my crouching position. The heavy rain made it hard for me to reach him but I was able to catch him before he fell.

What is wrong with this idiot? I have told him not to come after me but he still insisted… That damn invisibility cloak.

“Victor, wake up!” I screamed again and placed his head above my lap. I slapped his cheeks gently but he still won’t open his lids. Realization struck me like lightning and I screamed in pure agony and pain.

[Victor… he screamed my name before he fell.]

“Wake up, you blasted git!” I cried, my tears mixing with the rain. I held his face and I pressed our lips together but he wouldn’t budge.

“Victor!” I shook him but to no avail.

I panted heavily and I took his cloak off, I pressed my ears against his chest but that simple and lively thump was nowhere to be heard. I gripped his vest and I pulled it off from his body, only to be shocked from the sight.

Bruises… were everywhere.

“It drains the user’s energy and it may lead them to death.”  Mr. Eran’s words ran repeatedly inside my brain.

[How could I be so blind and selfish? He’s been using that curse resistant spell for the whole time.]

“Please wake up… I don’t want to be alone again.” I sobbed. “Y-you promised me that we would stay together forever, right?”

No reply.

 I bit my lower lip so hard that I could taste blood in my mouth. I embraced Victor’s lifeless body and I took something out of my pocket.

[It was all my fault. The guy that I loved died because of me…]

The view of the Time-Turner made me more hysterical and I clutched it tightly.

[It all happened  because of me, I’m so sorry, Victor.]

“Perhaps I could turn back the time… Yes, that would be perfect.” I smiled bitterly.

[It was one of the hardest decision that I have ever made in my whole life.]

“I love you, Victor.” I pecked his forehead one last time. “This is for your own good.”

With eyes shut and lips pressed tightly together, I gripped the time turner and turned back the time to where Victor was lost. 

[The rainy weather made it impossible for me to rise to my feet and hide. From the distance, I could hear his cries but I chose to ignore it... I didn't save him. The only thing I did was  magically transport him back inside the university without showing myself.]

[He didn't have a clue who I was... I didn't become his hero
.] 

[At least he was able to get away from the curse and lived.]