8 1/2

JayJay's P.O.V.

I'm yanked back and start screaming!!! I take in a huge gulp of water and start choking and breathing in more. I'm pulled to the surface and start coughing up the water.

I look over to see my brother carrying me to the bank. I rub the back of my neck, and trail my hand down my collar bone to grab my necklace, to have it fall off and into the water.

I scramble and turn to my brother, "stop, My necklace" I say. he looks where it would've layed and and let's go of me and dives under water.

I swim in place as he rises with a bear head pendant connected to a ripped leather rope. I take it in my hand and swim to shore. I wrap myself in my towel, slip on my flip flops and turn to look at Sam.

"I should go get my drivers test done and drive up to Portland" I say slightly shivering and walking into the house.

"Sounds good, just don't run away" He says sternly. I give him a smug look and reply.

"Okay dad" I say sarcastically while heading up the stairs into my room. I change into PJs and call the local dmv and schedule a driver's test.

I turn up my indie playlist that contains; Singing With Sirens, Sublime, Arctic Monkeys, Bring Me The Horizon, Hozier, and Jason Mraz.

I close my eyes while hummimg Take Me To Church. And fall into an empty state of mind.

*****************************************

I walk out the door, energy bar, Gatorade in hand and head out with Sam to my test.

*****************************************

I scream the words; I passed, over and over again. Sam gives me a death glare, I stop for a second but start up again. I get into Sam's truck and leave him at home.

I listen to music and drink two Starbucks coffees. It's around 10 am now that I'm in Portland. I get to the house and none of the cars are home so I leave and head down town to the stadium.

If anyone is performing, I'll buy a ticket and have some fun. I walk up to the booth and question the old booth lady.

"Who's playing today?" I ask with 25 bucks in hand. She leans forward and takes my money and hands me a ticket. "Who's playing?" I ask again.

"Shawn something" She says going back to her magazine. I mean it could be anyone. I walk in to hear, life of the party. I look up and my eyes meet with Shawn's. He smiles and finishes his song.

"Get up here" He says pointing at me, the girls part and make a small pathway. I walk up and he introduces me. "Everyone, JayJay Garza!" The girls shout and fangirl.

He turns to me and whispers loud enough for me to hear, "do you want to sing a duet?" I nod my head and mouth 'say something'.

I grab an extra mic and sit at the electronic keyboard. I do a head bop and start playing the piano piece. We soon come in and everyone applauds.

We end the song, and I loved it. Performing live is a rush. I look over at him and smile.

*****************************************

I sit down in the metal chair and eat my ice cream(er, hahaha). Shawn swallows some and speaks up.

"Ninja vs. Pirate, who would win, 1....2....3...."

"Pirate"

"Ninja"

"Ugh no, a pirate would win" I scream earning looks from the beach goers. I smile and wave, just smile and wave.

"Yeah, but the pirate would never see the ninja, he's to stealthy!" He says smiling and laughing.

"First off, pirates are intimidating, second they have giant swords, third they live on the ocean!" I say staring at the waves infront of us, he follows my gaze.

"You're a surfer?" I look at the waves longingly but turn to answer him.

"How'd ya know?" I say turning my gaze back to the blue-grey foamy liquid.

"Just the way you stare at it" he says smiling sadly. I give him a questioning look but shake it off.

"What's been going on with you?" I ask licking my ice cream, ginger yet again. He gives me a trusting look.

"Don't tell anyone but, I'm going on tour if I can find a buddy, and ya know?" He says whistling and looking away from me.

"Me?!?!" I scream and start to breathe heavily.

"No Sam" He says causing my face to fall, "yes you!"

"You had me on the verge of tears don't do that" I say kicking him under the table.

"Ouch, violent much" he says laughing and putting his hands up when I shoot him a glare.

A/n

Just a continuation of 8!!! Did you get it?!?! Creamer!!!! Hahahhaha!!!!!

-JayJay